A little tactical advice needed

Hi there.

I'm playing FM 10 for the first time and I need some advice about something. I'm managing Liverpool and I bought Edin Dzeko, who is very tall and good at heading. I want to capitalize on that and want to find a way for my wingers' crosses and his runs to coincide. Can I in any way tell my wingers to aim for the near post maybe and for Edin to attack the near post during crosses?

Or alternatively, how would you maximize Dzeko's aerial ability in a system with two wingers?

Well, the obvious way to get the most out of his aerial ability would to be to set him to target man with the supply 'to head'. Also, he should be playing the role of the Target Man with the 'attack' duty. It would be best for your wingers to be crossing from the byline, and I've found that just leaving crossing on default works the best.

That's what I did when I was playing with Chelsea and I had Drogba and it worked wonderfully. I had Zhirkov and Lennon as my wingers

If you go to tactics and select advanced on the winger you can change the cross aim. Try tinkering to see what gets best results and maybe set the guy you want to cross to to a target man.

Thanks for the advice guys. I actually tried setting Dzeko to target man for one game and "to head", but the problem was that while he played well, Torres, the previous target man (to feet) played horribly.

So I'm thinking maybe I should let Torres stay as the target man and try to get the crosses right, like you mentioned. But I'm not sure.

Archived