Weird scouting

My scouts cant find any players or newgens now that are more than 3 stars. I'm in the year 2016. So I buy some of them - wait for it..... £80m a piece lol. When they reach about 24yr old they get nearly 4 stars. This is weird considering my scouts are 19/19+

Why don't my scouts notice their full potential? Are my scouts expecting to find the world best George Best and Messi 20 times over or summit?

What is the quality of your players? Remember, the stars represent the quality compared to the players you already have.

If you already have world class player you can't expect them to find much 4, or even 5 star players.

Atm my team is the best in the world, a 3 star player for me means: " would be a leading star for most Serie A sides".

Just imagine what a 4 or a 5 star player would be like.

It's frustrating for me really because for some reason I'm only really finding 2.5 star young regens at best in 2018... Mainly I find regens at about 1.5 or 2 stars because my squad is world class.

I really hate the star system. My Ass Manager rates my player with 199 CA at 4.5 stars.

That doesn't make sense if he is 1 point of maximum PA.

And as Acid said players with 200 PA on my game also only get 3 stars for potential ability which is a load of rubbish

What is the quality of your players? Remember, the stars represent the quality compared to the players you already have.

If you already have world class player you can't expect them to find much 4, or even 5 star players.

Atm my team is the best in the world, a 3 star player for me means: " would be a leading star for most Serie A sides".

Well they are pretty impressive but no one has full stars. Not even the worlds best defender. When I scouted an English defender he came back as only 3 stars. A year later Real Madrid bought him for £20m, yet they asked for over £40m from me (which is weird alone). After just 1 season with R.Madrid he now gets full stars - this is weird as he is only 19.

I bought a 3 star player 1 year ago and now he is 3.5 stars after 1 season. When I look at the scout reports some 3 star player say they will be a good premiership player int he future and some will come back saying he is going to be a star premiership player in the future.

As stated above star ratings are relative to your players (and to a lesser extent the level you are at) - so when you are the best team in the world with World Class players it's rather hard to find players who are much better than your existing players.

When I get to this stage I use the stars as a guide and go off the line that says the player will be a decent/good/leading prem player (and also cheap their attributes on the off chance a key attribute is lower than I like).

As stated above star ratings are relative to your players (and to a lesser extent the level you are at) - so when you are the best team in the world with World Class players it's rather hard to find players who are much better than your existing players.

When I get to this stage I use the stars as a guide and go off the line that says the player will be a decent/good/leading prem player (and also cheap their attributes on the off chance a key attribute is lower than I like).

In my first season with farsley celtic in the premiership my scouts were giving 3.5 to 4 stars for "leading premiership players" both for PA and CA and my team were pants in both departments.

Archived