Desperate scoring tactic?

Yeah you're definitely doing something wrong, you're expecting a goal or two in a short amount of time. If it were that easy, then every time a team was down by a goal IRL their manager would instruct them to "Get forward, take risks" and boom, goal every time? Not realistic. You can try pushing your line and tempo up, and doing it earlier in the game, say the 65-75th minute or so.

As cliched as this is, it might be your tactics. You should try to prevent going down a goal or two and focus on the source of the problem instead of trying to come back after already suffering a deficit. If you are really struggling to find those goals, try different things that you usually don't. Consider a different formation, play new players. Also if you change your tactics frequently during the game, you can sometimes catch the AI unawares. For example, starting out as counter/defensive with low tempo against a team who usually scores early and then switching to attack or even overload in the 35th-40th can often lead to a goal before half. Or going from standard, slow tempo, deep laying and then suddenly attacking with a high line could also work, etc etc.

It works for me because all but my two DC's are forward. My defensive CM and DC's clear up the balls that are hoofed out and we start the move again. I use a 4-3-3 similar to Barca system and find it works well. I normally use it when in 70th minute and behind.

I usually replace a player with defensive duties like one of my wingbacks or my defensive midfielder with an additional striker. Maybe with slightly more tempo and a high defensive line deployed and offside trap activated to shift play into the opposition's half. I rarely concede by a fast counter, but striking the long longed goal happens as often as I concede a further goal. So it's a gamble. But at least I create a few chances with playing up offensive at the end of a game, even though the team was unable to create some before.

overload, pass into space (if i have fast players), work ball into box, pump ball into box, hassle opponent, take more risks

those are the once i most commonly use, if my team playes horribly i often switch formation aswell

I'm Gainsborough in the BSN and coming from 1 or 2 down in the last 10 minutes of matches I have changed tactics and snatched wins. I sit top of the league but I'm almost the Man Utd of the BSN. On about 10 occasions this season and I have played 26 now I have been 1/2 goals down and I change to a 4-3-3 formation, Overload, Get Ball Forward, Work ball into box and make a couple of substitutions and that normally works for me.

Overloading might not be the most effective way though. It's a sign of desperation. You constantly hoof the ball forward and most of the time just lose it and allows the opponent to launch a counter or play time.

If you have to use it I recommend that you do it when you really are desperately looking for a lucky goal.

Usually important thing is that you're able to keep some sort of disciplined form up so that you're able to win the ball back when you do lose it (and avoid losing it in the first place.)

So, when I'm not desperate I might use overload occasionally, but I make sure that some players don't bomb forward so that the are in position to take the ball back. I try to retain the possession and not play through balls all the time. Also not to waste time by hopeful long shots. It's enough that the players' mindset is attacking so that they always look if they can advance the play, but if they can't I want them to keep the ball instead of trying it anyway!

i put 4 up front ( i am arsenal at the moment) i put it to overload and put van persie eduardo vela and walcott up front and have had lots of comebacks most notably against wigan was losing 3-0 at half time and i came back and won 5-4it was 5-3 but they scored late on

Archived