Tactical Setups (IPhone)

Anyone stumbled across any gems so far? Having a nightmare myself. Tried a few different things with inconsistent results. You would think with fewer options it would be easier to stumble into a decent formula. Struggling with the lack of attributes search as well.

• Administrators

Certainly gets tougher when you reach the Championship, I ship goals like crazy! Trying to figure out just what it is that will make it better, and at the moment with lingering midtable, I've found its much more of benefit to play players in their natural positions and use a formation that fits (I have 3-4-3 currently as one of my fullback's injured. Otherwise I'm settled on 4-4-2 defensive/diamond, depending on opposition)

Not had great success with wide formations, I've usually used 4-1-2-1 and 4-1-3-2 and rarely 4-3-3 to get results. I usually go balanced, short, committed and pressing, whatever my formation, and switch to attacking depending on opposition. :)

• SI Staff
Certainly gets tougher when you reach the Championship, I ship goals like crazy! Trying to figure out just what it is that will make it better, and at the moment with lingering midtable, I've found its much more of benefit to play players in their natural positions and use a formation that fits (I have 3-4-3 currently as one of my fullback's injured. Otherwise I'm settled on 4-4-2 defensive/diamond, depending on opposition)

Its the same irl imho - the lower English divisions you can get through on organisation and just one or two quality players - once you reach the Championship you've the teams who have yo-yo'd from the Premiership trying to get back in and the wanna-be's who are also in the running, its a whole different ball game ...

(and again once you make the Premiership expect to have a fight on your hand to stay there)

Not had great success with wide formations, I've usually used 4-1-2-1 and 4-1-3-2 and rarely 4-3-3 to get results. I usually go balanced, short, committed and pressing, whatever my formation, and switch to attacking depending on opposition. :)

If you 'go wide' then I find its imperative to have either really attacking MC's (to come late into the box for crosses) or decent target men ... or preferably both ;)

Archived