Centre backs always playing poor

What are you're games like, and how do you play your CBs? Oh, yeah and also check out the player's match stats too, it might be something you haven't seen, like pass completion.

I find that if I have the ball and are doing all the attacking my CBs will get at most a 6.7 unelss they score from a corner, as all they're doing is sitting around and snuffing the very rare breaks.

If you are playing a CB in the wrong type of position, e.g. a player with low passing, decisions and concentration as a ball playing defender, then he will get a low rating no matter what you do.

I also find if you are playing two relatively inexperienced CBs together, they will sometimes make mistakes ang generally will not play as good as they are able.

What are you're games like, and how do you play your CBs? Oh, yeah and also check out the player's match stats too, it might be something you haven't seen, like pass completion.

I find that if I have the ball and are doing all the attacking my CBs will get at most a 6.7 unelss they score from a corner, as all they're doing is sitting around and snuffing the very rare breaks.

If you are playing a CB in the wrong type of position, e.g. a player with low passing, decisions and concentration as a ball playing defender, then he will get a low rating no matter what you do.

I also find if you are playing two relatively inexperienced CBs together, they will sometimes make mistakes ang generally will not play as good as they are able.

My defenders are the default 'Central defender > Defend' and their match stats seem fine to me. I think it might actually be the inexperinced thing to be honest.

My defenders are the default 'Central defender > Defend' and their match stats seem fine to me. I think it might actually be the inexperinced thing to be honest.

I'd also check their match stats a bit more closely too, as something you mightn't see except playing full match could really lower your ratings. But the two inexperienced defenders thing seemed to be my problem up to Christmas.

no simple answer, if your centre-backs are poor in the air they could be conceding too many headers, your team may have a high line and concede too many goals via through-balls, if your team has too many attacking players in central midfield then they may be exposed by lack of protection. i would say if your centre-backs are decent then they are the symptom, not the cause. look at full backs, central midfield and defensive line.

having a blast with Barcelona for a change and it seem Pique gets ratings cosistently above 7.5 and often into the mid 8's! This is without scoring or assisting any goals

Yeah but Pique is world class, and your in a top team.

WolvesNicky, what league you playing in? If one of the top tiers then jumping of 10 is not good enough. You should have at least one DC that can dominate in the air. This is just what I have found, I had a DC with jumping of 9 (newgen) and he sucked even though he had 18+ in all the other vital stats. Also depends who you go against, eg. long ball teams.

Yeah but Pique is world class, and your in a top team.

WolvesNicky, what league you playing in? If one of the top tiers then jumping of 10 is not good enough. You should have at least one DC that can dominate in the air. This is just what I have found, I had a DC with jumping of 9 (newgen) and he sucked even though he had 18+ in all the other vital stats. Also depends who you go against, eg. long ball teams.

I'm in the Premier League in 2022 with Wolves and I've just signed a new CB with higher jumping and heading and he seems to be doing better than my others.

On my opinion, having two DCs both on defend always results in a leaky defence, especially with "hard" tackling.

I use a stopper/cover combination and my defence has improved 400%.

Weirdly, I found the exact opposite worked for me.

I'm finding similar issues to the OP in my latest save - Portsmouth. Ok, so the players aren't the greatest, but I've found that one defender (not always the same one) would finish with a rating around the 5ish mark. I'm wondering if its simply a case that the back four needs to play together more to develop an understanding - I presume this is coded. As most of the Pompey players seem to be newly arrived, they are not gelling yet?

Archived