Unsettling player

It seems my players seem to throw a hissy fit at the drop of a hat and want to leave or becomes unsettles despite the fact im Arsenal and have won pretty much everything

So far i have lost 2 Hot prosects to the Bosman ruling at only 21 . I lost one of them after forking out £20 mill and the other i quickly sold for a small profit after he said he was leaving on a Bosman

The only thing is that it takes a hell of a lot more dor me to unsettle other and get them to ask for a transfer. At the moment i have put several players on monthly reminders and always praise their form atleast once a month. I have now gone to Praising their form and then immidiatly after saying i want to sign them. Still no one want to jump ship.

Do i just have a stroppy team or is it just harder to unsettle other teams players

It also depends how high your reputation as a manager is. If you're in your first couple of years of management and haven't won anything yet or their current manager has a high reputation then they're unlikely to care about what you think of them.

Conversely, if a very high rep manager starts praising your squad their heads are likely to be turned, plus youngsters who haven't been at the club long are less likely to have built up a relationship with the club and so less likely to be loyal.

An easy way to stop losing players on bosmans is to make sure they always have 18+ months on their contracts, as Arsenal you can definitely afford to do this! When players become unsettled and want a move I tell them they're not going anywhere and they always back down for me, either immediately or soon after the transfer window shuts.

Archived