GH Academy

Can someone explain to me why they are in the game? Every player is rated at 200k. All are pretty shocking quality, they never loan them out, they never sell at a decent price. Do things get better in time or not? They've stayed the same in my 5 years so far

By January 2008, Hoddle was attempting to raise the capital to form the Glenn Hoddle Academy based in Spain. The aim of the academy is to give another chance to young players released by football clubs in England to become professional players.

The academy is in the game to help promote its existance and further the chance that players at the academy have of playing football professionally.

I understand what the academy is, but i dont see the function in FM. The players are terrible and not worth 200k at all. Surley they should be open to loans as they really are the best way for these players to get another chance

Maybe if they went acquired any release youths as the game goes on... sure they could be useful for keeping players for lower league teams... but they don't and I find the academy completely useless except for a match to help for squad fitness

Maybe if they went acquired any release youths as the game goes on... sure they could be useful for keeping players for lower league teams... but they don't and I find the academy completely useless except for a match to help for squad fitness

I think they do, they've gained a few new players in my save, but they are all rated at 200k. So they take poor players that would suit BSP/BSN/BSS and make them valued at 200k, therefore the previously mentioned teams cant afford them!

The values are unrealistic as it the rules about signing their players. SI know about this, I know this because I brought it up to them.

GH Acadamy are entitled to a compensation fee (which is no where near £200K) more like less than £10K and any player can be signed at any time Even outwith the transfer window as they are basically still players on a free.

The values are unrealistic as it the rules about signing their players. SI know about this, I know this because I brought it up to them.

GH Acadamy are entitled to a compensation fee (which is no where near £200K) more like less than £10K and any player can be signed at any time Even outwith the transfer window as they are basically still players on a free.

OK, that makes sense.

(Or it would if that was what happened.)

I think the only reason they are in the game is what Allies said. They have no real purpose in a football management sim.

Why not ? The academy and similar tools like the trialist matches in some leagues ( Basically teams comprised of unemployed and released players will play each other to showcase their abilities to a host of scouts, managers, etc. ) could be useful tools for lower league managers if done right.

Archived