The Enemy Within?? (Player Naming)

:o Schoolboy error signing Annan in the first place!

Annan the card collector (my own personal name), injures his own players way too much, gets sent off a hell of a lot and even gives away a fair amount of penalties if your playing him as an anchor man!

Your Spurs, you could of afforded someone so much better :D

:o Schoolboy error signing Annan in the first place!

Annan the card collector (my own personal name), injures his own players way too much, gets sent off a hell of a lot and even gives away a fair amount of penalties if your playing him as an anchor man!

Your Spurs, you could of afforded someone so much better :D

Cheers Ty :thup:

I know he likes a tackle but I've never seen this before.

Ricardo Fuller has been injuring players a fair bit since I dropped him. Oddly not his rival forwards, but defenders. He took Kompany out for 3 weeks, then Wilkinson out for a week, Kaladze out for a week and a young regen for a few days.

Joey Barton is another player that when i managed newcastle nearly every 2 weeks he would injure someone in training. No surprise though

How did he do it? Right hook? Glasgow Kiss?

Anything bar actually tackle I bet ;)

Annan is horrible. He's always injuring players and getting carded.

edgar555, I don't think you should have mentioned his name though. Well, according to your own beliefs, not mine.

You are absolutely right, did you see what time I posted it? I was tired. I apologise. What more can I say.

Pedantic much Wonky?

I've just emailed the mods and asked them to add - player naming to the thread title and asking them to ban me for this ;)

You are absolutely right, did you see what time I posted it? I was tired. I apologise. What more can I say.

Pedantic much Wonky?

I've just emailed the mods and asked them to add - player naming to the thread title and asking them to ban me for this ;)

You may think it pedantic in this instance, but you were giving it all your welly in the other topic. Personally, I prefer consistency.

You may think it pedantic in this instance, but you were giving it all your welly in the other topic. Personally, I prefer consistency.

Its a fine line between consistency and hypocrisy that I tread, obviously slipped over it this time. ;)

Anyway like I say it was a mistake, due to late night posting, its fixed now and everybodys happy.

Funny thing is the real Annan has collected about 10 cards in 50+ league matches in Norway and is rarely penalized when playing for Ghana either.

I don't think he's seen even one Red in his career in Europe and as an international :confused:

Annan behaves like this IRL as well! He is an absolut nutter and a disgrace to the game.

In yesterdays game for Rosenorg vs Aalesund he actaully bit a player - on top of some bad tackles and having a lunge at another player.

He is a disgrace - and no one would assume (based on his behaviour) that he is related til former UN Gen.Secretary!!!

Annan behaves like this IRL as well! He is an absolut nutter and a disgrace to the game.

In yesterdays game for Rosenorg vs Aalesund he actaully bit a player - on top of some bad tackles and having a lunge at another player.

So far that's an allegation, appearantly the video evidence is not very conclusive. I wouldn't put it past him though, he is indeed a very dirty player. The highest profile incident of that kind happened during the African Cup of Nations quarter final against Nigeria in 2008, when he blatantly poked Obi in the eye. The difference to FM is that irl he always gets away with stuff like that.

Appearantly the refs in game need to have their CA severely nerfed :o

He is a disgrace - and no one would assume (based on his behaviour) that he is related til former UN Gen.Secretary!!!

According to Kofi they aren't related actually. Names, especially common ones as Annan, are generally not a very reliable indicator regarding family ties when it comes to Akan people.

Edit to elaborate: According to traditional Akan naming rules "Kofi Annan" would just indicate that he is born on a friday ( Kofi ) as the 4th child or possibly 4th male child ( Annan ) of his family and would not include the last names of either the father or the mother.

What would happen if you put them on their own training regime ? would they still injure players ?

I don't think it would have an effect. I think they train together even if focusing on different areas. Maybe someone else knows more?

• 1 month later...

Archived