A few questions, anyone answer if you can

(I pasted this post from "bugs" part of the forum, since no one responded there)

Hello everyone, I have a few questions. Ive been playing this game for 10 years now but these problems are new to me.

1.Im playing as Red Star (FM2010) and I had a few players request transfers since they didnt play enough. Few of them became important first team players and played almost every game for two seasons. In their personal details, they are no longer unhappy about not playing, it says "not sure if he should leave the club", but they still refuse to sign new contracts and they. Its 2023 in the game now and I NEVER had a player asking to be removed from the transfer list, while when I played other leagues, players often ask to be removed from transfer list. Im talking about players that request transfer here, so I presume its a bug?

2. I bought an african player from Cukaricki. He played there for five years, but he didnt want to take the citizenship, it says that he "sees no benefit", thats cause he wanted to move to a bigger club. So I bought him with Red Star, its a much bigger club, former european and world champion, and when he came he was delighted, it was "an honour" and so on. So, I expected him to get a citizenship, since every team is only allowed 3 not-EU players. But, its been two years now, hes very happy at Red Star, but still he "sees no benefit" in taking our citizenship! Im almost certain that its a bug?

3. For this Im not really sure if its a bug, but the regular first team players usually get the citizenship after 5 seasons, even though they can get it after 3. It says "the player needs more games for the club", even though some of them barely missed a single game in their first 3 seasons.

4. This forth thing is a minor suggestion, in our country when Red Star and Partizan play, they never play home matches on the same days, since their stadiums are few hundered meters away and if they played on the same day there would be dead people everywhere. This is just something for the future editions to consider.

5. Another thing: Partizan is amongst the main european teams, even though Red Star is a former european and world champion, and even though I won 8 out of 13 titles and played in UEFA cup final and Champion League semi-finals in the past 3 years. So I supose Red Star should be a major team instead of Partizan, but it was like that when I started my "career" as Red Star manager and its still so in 2023.

6. Also, I became a a club legend after just 10 seasons, while Slavko Perovic, who scored over 230 league goals and played over 400 league games for Red Star is not even amongst icons. So is it even possible for the best players to become "legends" or "icons"? Or is it a bug?

Sorry for bad english and also sorry if I posted it in the wrong part of the forum.

Thanks

You didn't post with the correct format in the bugs forum (have to read the rules) and they're not technical issues. Also some are questions and for general discussion rather than the bugs forum. The bugs forum is for bugs alone and not discussion.

1. Have you reoved them from the transfer list yourself? You don't have to wait for them to ask. I suspect they say 'not sure if they should leave' because they don't think they should. That comments is why I can't help thinking you have not changed their transfer status. I certainly don't think there's a bug there.

2. No, it's not a bug. He simply doesn't want to be a Serbian citizen. They're not in the EU and that is what would gain him anything. What does he gain from being a Serbian citizen? Not a bug.

3. Not sure it's a bug. Wait to see if they get it after 5.

4. I don't believe FM can accommodate this sort of arrangement.

5. Not sure how that changes in FM. FM is good but it still can not perfectly replicate the changing world of football.

6. No one is entirely sure how the legends system in FM works. There was a post a few days ago asking why Rooney was not a United legend in the poster's game. I am sure it is possible for players to become legends, but how it works I can't tell you. I guess it is another area that can't be perfectly replicated by FM. Yet. It is certainly not a bug...or at least not a game breaking one by any stretch of the imagination.

You didn't post with the correct format in the bugs forum (have to read the rules) and they're not technical issues. Also some are questions and for general discussion rather than the bugs forum. The bugs forum is for bugs alone and not discussion.

1. Have you reoved them from the transfer list yourself? You don't have to wait for them to ask. I suspect they say 'not sure if they should leave' because they don't think they should. That comments is why I can't help thinking you have not changed their transfer status. I certainly don't think there's a bug there.

2. No, it's not a bug. He simply doesn't want to be a Serbian citizen. They're not in the EU and that is what would gain him anything. What does he gain from being a Serbian citizen? Not a bug.

3. Not sure it's a bug. Wait to see if they get it after 5.

1. You cant remove people who asked to be on the transfer list, even if they changed their mind about leaving the club and they never ask to be removed. Thats why its a bug.

2. In the game Serbia, Croatia and few other countries enter EU after a few years and then its only allowed 3 non-EU players in the team. My best 11 would be non-EU, but I can only play 3 of them at the time. He wants to play in my team, but he doesnt want to help me sign better players? It makes no sense and it is something that they didnt consider. It makes no sense that he comes to a bigger club, but he refuses to become EU citizen in order to help the club (and himself, for he will play more as EU citizen, there will be less rotation)

3. It is a bug, for example Catillo(who plays for Wolverhampton in real life), I kept him in Red Star in the game. he wanted to be a citizen, but it always says "needs more games for the club" even after 6 or 7 years, even though he played in almost all games.

5. As for reputation of the teams, its very important, since Im making all the results, but my players keep asking to move to a bigger club, while Partizan finished a few years outside top 2 spots, but their players feel like they play in the bigger club?! How can I ever make anything in european cups if my best players keep wanting to move to a bigger club! They leave me for clubs like Sion(!) and such. It makes no sense, if they wanted to move to a bigger club, they wouldnt leave my team that plays in CL and the salary of 40k euros to join second division clubs for salary of 8k euros(for example).

Thanks for your answers anyway

4. This forth thing is a minor suggestion, in our country when Red Star and Partizan play, they never play home matches on the same days, since their stadiums are few hundered meters away and if they played on the same day there would be dead people everywhere. This is just something for the future editions to consider.

My thoughts on that particular point are:

Although it is realistic that teams as close together (where rivalry is a big issue) never play home games on the same day, it would likely be inappropriate for FM to include such scenarios. FM is (despite what some may feel) a 'perfect world' game where nothing extreme happens beyond the boundaries of the pitch; riots, disaster and death for instance.

(The following point is not what you've said, but it helps explain my position)

I could be wrong (someone can correct me), but I don't think players can 'die' on the pitch, as in Antonio Puerta, Marc Vivien Foe etc. Sure, it happens in real life (just like riots between rival fans), but in a computer game we can do without such travesties. There is no place for it in FM and as such all games can be played as and when.

My thoughts on that particular point are:

Although it is realistic that teams as close together (where rivalry is a big issue) never play home games on the same day, it would likely be inappropriate for FM to include such scenarios. FM is (despite what some may feel) a 'perfect world' game where nothing extreme happens beyond the boundaries of the pitch; riots, disaster and death for instance.

(The following point is not what you've said, but it helps explain my position)

I could be wrong (someone can correct me), but I don't think players can 'die' on the pitch, as in Antonio Puerta, Marc Vivien Foe etc. Sure, it happens in real life (just like riots between rival fans), but in a computer game we can do without such travesties. There is no place for it in FM and as such all games can be played as and when.

Yes, but just last weekend at Red Star someone got shot in the stands. Every time these teams play its like that, that should be included in order to make the game more realistic. Like Inter and Milan, in game they never play on the same day, because they never do in real life. They could have fixed it so that sometimes they play on the same day in the same stadium, but they didnt because its more realistic.

Yes, but just last weekend at Red Star someone got shot in the stands. Every time these teams play its like that, that should be included in order to make the game more realistic. Like Inter and Milan, in game they never play on the same day, because they never do in real life. They could have fixed it so that sometimes they play on the same day in the same stadium, but they didnt because its more realistic.

They share a stadium though, so if they were to have a match at the same time it might get a little crowded at Giuseppe Meazza :D

What I ment was they could play at different times(in game), but they dont.

Oh I'm sorry. You mean Inter and AC Milan both play matches [at home] on the same day against different opponents in FM? I've never seen that before (but in fairness I've never thought to check).

Is that what you're saying?

I appreciate English isn't your first language so it's understandable if we get a little lost in translation here :)

Oh I'm sorry. You mean Inter and AC Milan both play matches [at home] on the same day against different opponents in FM? I've never seen that before (but in fairness I've never thought to check).

Is that what you're saying?

I appreciate English isn't your first language so it's understandable if we get a little lost in translation here :)

Yes, thats what I ment, they could play different opponents at the same time. But they never do in FM, cause they never do in real life. Thats why I said they should do the same with Red Star and Partizan, because I red somewhere after England FM is most popular is Serbia and it take a lot out of it when you see Partizan and Red Star playing their home games at the same time, cause thats simply impossible.

However maybe it will be possible this season since Red Star got fined 5: home games with locked gates, but other then this exception its impossible in real life to imagine Red Star and Partizan fans coming to their games less the a kilometer away, it would be like Millwall vs. West Ham times 10.

I realize its not a bug but would be nice if they fixed it. The other issues I named are bugs however.

We've still got our wires crossed somewhat. It seems that Inter and AC Milan don't play matches on the same day in FM; you are saying that it should be so for various other rivals, Red Star and Partizan being examples.

We've still got our wires crossed somewhat. It seems that Inter and AC Milan don't play matches on the same day in FM; you are saying that it should be so for various other rivals, Red Star and Partizan being examples.

Yeah, thats what I said.

Archived