How trustworthy are coach / scout reports?

I downloaded FMH 2010 for the iPhone and am wondering how trustworthy other users think the coach / scout reports are?

I myself am quite suspicious of these reports. I've read other posts which state that the coach likes to change his mind on who the best players in your team are and I have also experienced this. From my first to second season a player who was my best CM is now my worst!

The reason I'm asking is that I'm not sure whether to believe the scout reports also. I've scouted some potential signings and some players have significantly better attributes than my existing squad members but the scout reckons they aren't good enough to succeed at the club! Do I believe him or use my own judgement? :-/

As an aside, I'm the manager of Wrexham and won the Blue Square Premiership in my first season and am top of the Coca-Cola League 2 at Xmas. I'm not sure if i've found a wonder tactic, my signings have been amazing or as the game has been streamlined it has become easier - I'm no better than average on the PC version :-)

Other than that, I'm loving the game and a bargain at £7 ... it's easily the best game available on the iPhone ... my only concern is that I may be developing RSI in my hand as I'm on it all the time ... not sure the missus will be happy if I develop a claw hand!

firstly, to be honest scout/coach reports are bull. My coaches say one week that Shola Ameobi is my best forward then the next week they say n'zogbia is my best forward.... So their opinion constantly changes is not always accurate.

secondly, could you please let me know what tactic you are using? if you dont want to say it publicly, i'd appreciate it if you could private message me your formation and team instructions. thanks :)

• SI Staff

Gaz can you PM me some suggestions of players to check .. also is the player who dropped in report over the summer an older player (30+ in age?) as sometimes a player can drop off seriously past his peak, especially if he's not a player with a professional attitude towards things.

firstly, to be honest scout/coach reports are bull. My coaches say one week that Shola Ameobi is my best forward then the next week they say n'zogbia is my best forward.... So their opinion constantly changes is not always accurate.

secondly, could you please let me know what tactic you are using? if you dont want to say it publicly, i'd appreciate it if you could private message me your formation and team instructions. thanks :)

This is how I set my team up

Formation 4-1-3-2 (4 defenders, defensive midfielder, 3 central midfielders, 2 strikers)

Mentality: Attacking

Passing Style: Short

Tackling: Committed

Pressing: Yes

Offside Trap: No

Counter Attack: No

Men Behind Ball: No

Please bear in mind I am managing Wrexham in the Blue Square Conference. I am not sure how effect this tactic will be in higher divisions. However I won the BSP in my first season, then won the Coca-Cola League 2 in second season.

Gaz can you PM me some suggestions of players to check .. also is the player who dropped in report over the summer an older player (30+ in age?) as sometimes a player can drop off seriously past his peak, especially if he's not a player with a professional attitude towards things.

No he was a guy in his early 20s and he, in the eyes of the coaches, was my best midfielder in one season then over the summer became my worst midfielder.

Some players which I brought in (many on free transfers) which have done well in the Blue Square Premier League and Coca-Cola League 2:

Matt Jones (GK)

Conor Dyer (DC)

Carl Parkes (DC)

James Sinclair (DC)

Darryl Buxton (DMC)

Ben Harding (LM)

Ross Cole (SC)

Some players which have performed well in my existing squad:

Scott Brown (ML C)

Mark Jones (AM C)

Silvio Spann (AM C)

Max Noble (AM R)

Andrew Mangan (SC)

Alborzinho - Mine.
This is how I set my team up

Formation 4-1-3-2 (4 defenders, defensive midfielder, 3 central midfielders, 2 strikers)

Mentality: Attacking

Passing Style: Short

Tackling: Committed

Pressing: Yes

Offside Trap: No

Counter Attack: No

Men Behind Ball: No

Please bear in mind I am managing Wrexham in the Blue Square Conference. I am not sure how effect this tactic will be in higher divisions. However I won the BSP in my first season, then won the Coca-Cola League 2 in second season.

thanks guys! :)

Archived