Promotion/relegation wage changes

Can anyone explain why the wage changes for promotion & relegation are fixed at 25%?

I'd be very surprised if this was a PFA requirement on player contracts or even a standard within professional football & it's very annoying when you work hard for promotion only to see your costs increase above & beyind the likely increase in revenue following promotion.

The 25% increase would be a mistake on your part, offering the player with the clause included. I would suggest re-offering another contract without the clause if you want to avoid the extras after promotion. Otherwise I think it’s realistic enough.

As for the relegation wage cut, I am not entirely sure. I do know you can’t remove it from the players contract though.

The 25% increase would be a mistake on your part, offering the player with the clause included. I would suggest re-offering another contract without the clause if you want to avoid the extras after promotion. Otherwise I think it’s realistic enough.

As for the relegation wage cut, I am not entirely sure. I do know you can’t remove it from the players contract though.

The promotion bonuses are automatic and can't be removed.

Can I request that any tips/work arounds regardless of whether they actually work are placed in spoiler tags, all I'm asking is the reason why contracts are the way they are & if I'm really good a response from SI.

Thanks.

Archived