Save game syncs between iPhone & iPad

Hi,

great to finally have it on the iPhone- great job and the interface makes me feel all nostalgic!!

I may be missing the obvious here but is it not possible to keep games in sync between two portables? I've got a game on my iPhone. I sync my iPhone and ipad with the same iTunes machine but the save game doesn't show up on my ipad fm.. Is it not possible to do this?

Thanks,

Andrew

• SI Staff
Hi,

great to finally have it on the iPhone- great job and the interface makes me feel all nostalgic!!

I may be missing the obvious here but is it not possible to keep games in sync between two portables? I've got a game on my iPhone. I sync my iPhone and ipad with the same iTunes machine but the save game doesn't show up on my ipad fm.. Is it not possible to do this?

Thanks,

Andrew

Save games aren't normally transferable between devices - its a good idea though and I'll see if I can figure something out for a future update, no promises though if it was easy I'm sure it'd be something which other games did as 'standard'.

PS - How are you getting on with your iPad? - I'm growing quite fond of mine and think FMH looks great scaled up on it, much better than I'd expected tbh.

Ipad? I love it!! Getting there with the keyboard now and some of the apps are unbelievable and most of those have been developed by people who didn't actually have one then to test on!

There's obviously a huge amount of potential with that extra screen space for the future but the graphics actual scale up far better than most iPhone apps. Im kind of old school I suppose so it's more the gamely than just the graphics when it comes to fm. I guess my hopes for the future would be:

-Save syncs between the two (not to a pc/mac, heavy big games would get clumsy) - maybe a simple file access system ala iWork apps may work??

-Assuming the sales have been great, a first iPad universal file update that just polishes the look a bit (small bit of extra stuff maybe to take advantage of the space, also properly ipading-up should attract a lot more people - I already only use FM and Reeder that are iPhone only, I'm looking for proper iPad apps for new purchases and I think a lot of others may be like that, particularly in a few months time)

-A future full-blown iPad revision (maybe for fm11) that really works the extra space, more info, closer to the tabbed interface rather than one thing at a time. Would be great to still keep the app sync able with the phone though.

-Tie in with the new apple gaming system. Opens up future fml options etc. Could be truly amazing.

-In-app purchases. Some may hate this but I saw you highlighted the cost of badges etc on another thread. Why not allow purchase of more stuff (photos etc) or even drop the price a little (although I personally think it's fantastic value) and cut out all graphics which can then be bought for a few pounds a go..

I really think the best thing would be getting things to work together. The desktop is always going to be too powerful (especially now with the 3d view, enormous database etc) but maybe in the longer term a hybrid handheld/fml could be great- do a few bits of dealing on journey on iPhone, tinker and maybe a few games on the pad before a full 5 hour midnight session on desktop- all seamless :)

Was brilliant surprise last week - couldn't believe it when I read miles' tweet - LOVE the game so far!!

Just my thought anyways!

Andrew

Sent from my iPad :D

• SI Staff
Question, is ipad be cappable of running the 3d view on FM?

No idea as I haven't done any development on the iPad hardware yet - tbh though it would suprise me if it could handle the full PC 3d view simply because that stretches some lower end PC's and the iPad simply isn't as fast as your average PC (not a failing on the part of the iPad really, its not meant to be :) ).

Question, is ipad be cappable of running the 3d view on FM?

To be honest, turn it off on all machines anyway so wouldn't be too worried.. I imagine it probably could as there's some amazing 3d games out already but it would probably mean compromises elsewhere

Archived