new laptop!

hi, i'm treating myself!!:)

i'm looking for a fast lappie that primarily will be used for FM and some background applications like FMRTE (yes, i know, cheat......)

i'm getting close to choosing but have some questions around the specs fm needs to run fast and smoothly:

1. required ram for fm and fmrte - 3gb or 4gb?

2 how many "threads" does fm run on? 1,2,4,more?

3 is the graphics card important for fm? i only play classic 2d so i would guess not but would welcome your views.......

many thanks in advance,

neil

1. I have 2GB RAM in my PC and processing on FM is quick, and I have a lot of leagues and nations loaded, so 3GB would be plenty, as I dont think it'll recognise 4GB RAM unless your laptop is 64-bit.

2. Mines a dual core and runs FM like a dream, as I said with a lot of leagues and nations loaded, and a large database.

3. Graphics card does matter yes, probably not so much with 2D although i would imagine the on board graphics will manage 2D ok. 3D with on board graphics will stutter like crazy, which is when you would need a dedicated graphics card. But going back to what you said 2D i imagine will be ok.

So to sum up a dual core 2.4ghz upwards with 2GB RAM would be fine. If what you're looking to buy has 3GB RAM and a dual core with faster threads than 2.4ghz each then youll be laughing

Archived