Really disappointed, SI please change this for FM2011

I originally bought FM2010 on steam and have never realised this problem up until now.

One of my favourite features of the FM series over the years is the fact that its always been a great source of entertainment when I've not had access to the internet! It is one of the few games I really enjoy playing offline.

Recently I moved house and was without internet for a week... tried to boot up FM and poof... can't play it without being online?! Tried launching right from the exe but it just tries to login to steam.

I am really disappointed about this and I cannot justify purchasing another copy just to play the game offline.

I paid MONEY for this game and EXPECT to be able to play it wherever, whenever. I find it ludicrous that I must have an internet connection all of the time to play a game like this.

I don't care what type of DRM you put on the game just please make it so I can play it offline!

u can play the game whenever if u bought the cd and install with offline method.

I didn't buy the game with the CD. I bought it on Steam due to convenience of downloading it at the time.

I had no idea it would mean that I can't play the game if I'm offline. I have all the files on my computer and SI have my money.

You need to be online for any game you buy on Steam don't you?

I'm not sure - I bought the disc and installed via Steam - anytime I load it up without a net connection it gives me an option to start in offline mode.

There must be a way of doing it.

As already mentioned, you don't need to be online to play - I rarely use Steam online. Try starting Steam without starting FM - you should get an offline start option.

As a last step - play with the disk in and don't use Steam at all. We like to provide multiple options so you're not limited...

Cheers

Matt

I didn't buy the game with the CD. I bought it on Steam due to convenience of downloading it at the time.

I had no idea it would mean that I can't play the game if I'm offline. I have all the files on my computer and SI have my money.

Lesson learned then?

I rarely use steam anymore.

Archived