Dislikes.....

I am currently managing Shalke and in my first season I had a really good regen goalkeeper promoted to my youth team. All my coaches gave him a potential of 4 and a half stars, he is fairly professional and even better he is English. When he turned 17 I decided to ask my first team goalie (and vice captain) Manuel Neuer to tutor him. Neuer agreed ,but the regen didn’t want to and rejected his tutorship.

Since then Neuer has been unhappy, it doesnt affect his form but he had been considering his option. I don’t really want to get rid of the regen who has broke into the England U21 squad, but I cant really afford to lose Neuer who is possibly my best player, either.

Is there anyway of solving this situation without selling on. Will shipping the regen out on loan help?

Get rid of one of the players.Its the only way.

It's not the only way.

As the manager you have several options as to how to deal with this situation, and they all revolve around making the player in question think about something else. It's possible to "solve" almost any man management problem, but it takes effort and attention to detail and sometimes a significant period of time.

If Neuer is unhappy or potentially considering a move, go on a crusade to make him feel happy, wanted, needed and important. With other types of players you can do the opposite by criticising performances or demanding improvements, but Neuer sounds like the type that is easilly upset and sulky.

Thanks for the advice.

I loaned the regen out to Liverpool, when he left Neuer said he hoped he wouldnt come back.

Since then Ive promoted him to captain (my old captain left), and gave him a new contract and he is now happy.

Archived