Feel Guilty Overspending?

I took over AC Milan half way in the 6th season on my game and the team was in a bad shape. 13th in the league and no champions league football this season and they even let Pato go to Juventus on a free transfer! In the end I managed to get them 6th which required a win streak towards the end.

After spending in the January and summer transfer window, I believe I now have a squad capable of challenging at the top again. But I spent a total of £160m on 8 players. I tend to like the Wenger approach to management but I feel that you need a good base before you can invest for future.

Anyway what is your approach when you take over a giant that is on its way down.?

I tend to feel a little guilty. I took over Liverpool who were in a slump 2021, and were becoming mid table mediocrity, with a rubbish squad.

Spent 194 million quid on the squad in the first season, though I raised 132 million through player sales. And luckily I have a tycoon owner. The guilt I felt went away after I won everything first season, and then won almost everything in the subsequent 3 and a half so far.

Plus, my spending over the 4 and a half seasons is 246 mill, but we've sold 365 mill worth of players. 80 mill of that to West Ham, and 60 to Man City.

If the AI manager made intelligent decisions in building his squad, then one should feel guilty but that is not the case. For example, i took over a struggling Toulouse team in the fourth season into the game and the team had not even a single CM. Of course there were a couple of DC/DMs but they were more suited as defenders rather than midfielders. The rest of the team was filled with AMRs, AMLs or AM/FCs. Made use of the transfer cheat (or what i like to call the transfer "bug") and bought almost 75 million worth of new talent (of course i recouped around 50 million by selling my junk players) Hope for a more improved AI managers in the next version :(

no because ur a top team which comes with the biggest pressures of winning trophies, so u need the best players avaiable no matter what u had to pay, plus players alone dont win u nothing its a combination of things.

Archived