Won the bloody lot,now for a real challenge

Now, I have been playing footie manager games for a fair old time now,LMA etc.. (very poor relation) and about 5 years ago I discovered this definitive example of how a manager sim should be. So I have played this game for a fairly long time,much to the chagrin of my wife. Anyway, I have won champions league with Newcastle, in fact that was my best save, won FA cup 5 times and league 3 times in a row. I'm not a Newquie fan but because of financial restrictions and a complete mess of a board I thought it would be a great challenge, and it was.

I have also taken other teams into Europe etc, Plymouth Argyle being an example, alas reality is far removed from the fantasy of this game, however I digress.

So finally I thought, what next, I don't get to play much anymore but I do want to have a game ticking over in the background when I'm not working or studying so I figured lets have the mother of all games, unemployed- 7 countries, Spain,Portugal,England,Scotland,Germany,Italy and Holland, all leagues.

I have just accepted a job with Worcester(default team me thinks) and off I go on a long and hopefully interesting story,testing my managerial mettle.

Has anyone else got to this point and what did was the experience like compared to,pick a team, win stuff and (repeat)

thanks in advance.

I'm currently playing a similar setup (I didn't load the French league either, completely forgot about it!), except that I started in the English League One (can't really be bothered climbing up from the conference leagues). It's a very enjoyable save and I'm proud of my career, moving from country to country to win the league (eventually). I think it's a lot more enjoyable than sticking with one club to win stuff over and over again, because after every move there's a brand new challenge. I also try to buy as many local players as possible until they all get called up to the national team, as a side challenge.

I think I've spent almost 200 hours on this save, definitely won't start a new save until the next FM comes out.

Good luck anyways.

I'm currently playing a similar setup (I didn't load the French league either, completely forgot about it!), except that I started in the English League One (can't really be bothered climbing up from the conference leagues). It's a very enjoyable save and I'm proud of my career, moving from country to country to win the league (eventually). I think it's a lot more enjoyable than sticking with one club to win stuff over and over again, because after every move there's a brand new challenge. I also try to buy as many local players as possible until they all get called up to the national team, as a side challenge.

I think I've spent almost 200 hours on this save, definitely won't start a new save until the next FM comes out.

Good luck anyways.

HI ,

Did you take players from your previous teams into your new appointments ala Redknapp, and France, completely forgot about that one, just shows how much of an impression that league has on our psyche now.

Archived