Alex Ferguson retires when?

Just finished up my 3rd season (end of 2011/2012) and in the summer I see a piece of news that Marco Van Basten has taken over as the Man United manager. I thought that was odd because there was NOTHING about Sir Alex Ferguson retiring so I went to try to look at SAF's data...and I can't click on his name.

Is this normal? I thought even when a player or manager had retired, if they were in the database you could look at their information but I can't seem to access anything for Alex Ferguson.

Has that happened to anyone else?

Did Ferguson stay on longer for you or shorter?

Does it depend on league positions (Man U. haven't finished higher than 3rd in the 3 season I've played)?

Carlo Ancelotti took United in my second season :D

haha really? That would be very unlikely IRL unless Ancelotti had been fired. But since Chelsea are going to win Premiership, this would be unlikely.

On 21.6.2011 he retired on my game and as usual Javier Aguirre took over as manager. I do not remember a message though...

I don't even know who's managing most premier sides on my game now

on the 23.6.2011 he retired on my game near the same date as yours and Javier Aguirre took over too

On 21.6.2011 he retired on my game and as usual Javier Aguirre took over as manager. I do not remember a message though...

Same in my saves, Fergie only tends to retire early if Man Utd fail to win the title. The one constant is that Aguirre doesn't last too long as always appears to guide them out of the top 4.

Just finished up my 3rd season (end of 2011/2012) and in the summer I see a piece of news that Marco Van Basten has taken over as the Man United manager. I thought that was odd because there was NOTHING about Sir Alex Ferguson retiring so I went to try to look at SAF's data...and I can't click on his name.

Is this normal? I thought even when a player or manager had retired, if they were in the database you could look at their information but I can't seem to access anything for Alex Ferguson.

That is normal. When a non-player retires you can't click his name ever again.

27.5.2012 Ferguson retires

30.5.2012 Hired Morton Olson

23.3.2013 Sack Morton Olson

23.3.2013 Mike Phelen caretaker manager

8.4.2013 Mike Phelen removed as caretaker manager

13.4.2013 hire Roberto Mancinin as manager (really)

2.11.2016 Sacked Roberto Mancini

3.11.2016 Hire Marcellino

Gill lasts as chairman until 2016 when a consortium take them over.

27.5.2012 Ferguson retires

30.5.2012 Hired Morton Olson

23.3.2013 Sack Morton Olson

23.3.2013 Mike Phelen caretaker manager

8.4.2013 Mike Phelen removed as caretaker manager

13.4.2013 hire Roberto Mancinin as manager (really)

2.11.2016 Sacked Roberto Mancini

3.11.2016 Hire Marcellino

Gill lasts as chairman until 2016 when a consortium take them over.

Do you mean Morten Olsen, as in current Danish national team manager Morten Olsen? :D I would pay to see that!

Yea i know i got my help request moved but for some reason i cant read wjhere its been moved too, i got 5 friends wanting to start the game with me but we want to be in the same league, is this possible?

Seems game spots are limited?

hahahaha this post made me laugh the way you put it yep same for me around this season 1 before or after the annual javier aguirre takes over :L :L :L and whats better runs them into the mid-table team they inevitably are going to become truly brilliant thank you si for this

How stupid is that? I'm almost certain that he will not be taking over as manager. HA!

I'm looking forward to Fergie retiring soon in my save then, think I might get a chance to sort out MUs faultering team and take them back to the top. Knock Tottenham/Man City off their "only available in a game world as Man Utd are the real life gods" high horses.

Archived