This FM staff poaching is more annoying than real life poaching!!!

After my 3rd season, Spurs first team coach has just retired..So I wouldnt be surprised if they were to approach some coaches from other clubs...Well they approach one of my coach, but I immediately offered a new improved contract to keep him...And to my surprise this goes on to my other coach and then again until all 5 of my coaches were approached!!! And I have to give every single one of them new contracts...Don't you think this is just too much and unrealistic in the real world???

After my 3rd season, Spurs first team coach has just retired..So I wouldnt be surprised if they were to approach some coaches from other clubs...Well they approach one of my coach, but I immediately offered a new improved contract to keep him...And to my surprise this goes on to my other coach and then again until all 5 of my coaches were approached!!! And I have to give every single one of them new contracts...Don't you think this is just too much and unrealistic in the real world???

What patch are you using? Think this was sorted from patch 2 onwards.

Agree with the OP 100%

I'm using patch 10.3 and I seem to spend a ridiculous amount of my time fending off bids for my coaches. You offer one coach a new contract and then the AI managers move onto another coach, so you then have to offer the other coach a new contract. It's not alwys the case that you have to offer and improved contract, but I always think it helps to be doubly sure, especially if you don't want to risk losing said coach.

It can get very annoying after a while, especially with regen coaches. Whilst you may have picked them up for next to nothing when the reputation was just 'regional', once there reputation changes to 'world class' I find that they are still worth little more than their initial value. This is, regardless of their reputation, status or current contract length.

Happens to me too. They start with one coach and move on to all of them unless you miss the offer and someone leaves.

Something else thats really annoying is 1st team and youth coaches saying they want a job over and over again. They think theres a space at my club but I only use coaches who can train both youth and 1st teamers.

I get quite annoyed with this as well. My staff are on silly wages with the number of raises they have had to keep them at the club.

The one that really annoys me is when the approach and move happens without me getting a chance to offer a new contract :mad:

Happens to me too. They start with one coach and move on to all of them unless you miss the offer and someone leaves.

This is annoying, I can't recall a member of my backroom team turning down an offer because he's happy with his current role, if he's offered a new job & you forget to offer an improved deal or can't because of budget constraints then they are off house hunting.

Archived