Interesting league to manage FM 08

Hi

On FM 08 (due to shoddy old laptop) and I am just wondering if anyone can suggest some interesting leagues to manage in, be it strange rules (like Dutch 2nd division or USA with the draft) or a very competitive league.

Any suggestions gratefully welcomed as I have just finished a tour of Scandinavia and not sure where to go next - have an updated database to this Jan.

Thanks

MLS is fun, the teams are all fairly equal, it has a salary cap, but there is also the designated player exception to that if you can find a suitable player to fit that

schedule starts off fairly easy, one game a week until mid-season when the US cup starts, and then later in the season the NACL begins, if you are in both you will see a lot of match congestion late in the season, just before the playoffs start, so you really have to manage your players fitness going into the playoffs

MLS not really all that complicated.

you just have to go into it understanding you won't win the league through the transfer market

tactics and player management are the key elements for MLS

its got a salary cap. not that hard to understand - its basically a hard cap budget. the DP slot is the single exception to that hard cap.

some people get intimidated by the draft, and even though i understand it well enough, i find most of the players not all that useful so i usually only worry about the first draft pick and ignore/sell off the rest. if the draft bothers people, just ignore it, its not that big of a deal

other than that, its got limited foreign players - not any different than many other leagues

Archived