Board make more transfer funds available - problem?

I'm Barcelona. And I've already got rid of the dead wood - I have 22 players registered for the league and nobody else, I've got 6 first team players with long term injuries and 3 that were out on loan when I took over and I can't recall them.

When I try to sign someone I can't offer enough wages as they say "I have to slash the wage bill to sign players?"

WTF? Why bother making more funds available to buy players if I'm not allowed to offer wages for the people I want to sign.

I had a little Brazilian off Cruzerio I wanted, he only wanted 5,750 a week - which is reasonable for me.

But the board would only allow me 1,600 a week, unless I offered him a rotation, but he was only 16 - so couldn't guarantee that.

I couldn't Edit the Budgets enough to balance the buy and the wages - so I was stuck and had to cancel the transfer.

Anyone else ever have this?

If even editing the budgets doesn't give you enough room to pay that kind of wages then you must indeed me way over your budget. Right?

Then it would seem odd that the board raised the transfer funds in the first place.

I have never seen odd wage caps so far unless I was over my wage budget already.

Yeh just found it odd. There I am in the January transfer window with no wages to sign anyone.

I had no idea if I was over my wage budget or anything - the board never said anything, and I never noticed anything odd in the monthly reports. I assumed all was ok. And when I was given extra cash I thought, nice one, get some players in to cover the long term injuries.

I've decided to go with loaning some players until the end of the season.

Scratching my head with my small squad of 22 - with 6 long term injuries, including Messi!

And I can't sign anyone. I'll get through it - as I've only conceded 6 goals this season and I'm about 20 points ahead, I just have to fill the bench with youth players and cross my fingers.

You can check your budget either by looking at the finances screen down in the salary view or just by reading the line which is given whenever you are offering a contract to anyone.

So when you were on the offer contract screen for the young Brazilian there should have been a line down there telling you where you are in respect of your wage budget.

Have you checked it in the meantime? Are you indeed over the budget?

its all about the overall money going out of club. wages, bonuses, ground costs etc etc, theres a lot of money going out of club every month, if u look at finaicies screen u will see u prob hit a loss every month, and next season youll have hardly no trasnfer budget or wage budget.

unless u sell high waged players. i had same issue with arsenal. went made spending sold dead wood etc and and bough bigger players in cost more money and wages, then next thing i was in adminstration, deducted 9 points and money frozen and all bids accepted on my players. lost 3 big players for less than i bought them for.

you need keep eye on incmoing and out goings, they give u a wage budget per season so you must stay close to that overall

Yeh I'm aware of how it all works and where to find the information.

But I just find it weird that they'd give me extra transfer money then not give me the wages to back it up.

Perhaps I just hit the sweet spot in regards to players wages and transfer funds, no matter which way I go - I can afford the player, but not his wages, or I can afford his wages but not enough transfer funds for the player.

Your first mistake was cutting the team down to 22 players. This means you have cover of 1 player in every position. This is not enough and at a big club it is mad to go down to that low. i usully have around 30 players in my first team squad.

You will have to delve into your youth team for your cover!

But I just find it weird that they'd give me extra transfer money then not give me the wages to back it up.

They gave you extra money which can also be used as wages. It is not their fault that you are already maxed out on your wage cap.

Your first mistake was cutting the team down to 22 players. This means you have cover of 1 player in every position. This is not enough and at a big club it is mad to go down to that low. i usully have around 30 players in my first team squad.

In Spain you can only have 25 plus u-19's it makes you really concentrate on players, you don't want to be bringing in loads.

Your first mistake was cutting the team down to 22 players. This means you have cover of 1 player in every position. This is not enough and at a big club it is mad to go down to that low. i usually have around 30 players in my first team squad.

Actually no matter who I'm managing I never like a squad with more than 23 players in it.

In my current save I've built up wolves to be a champions league winning side, never having more than 23 in my squad until this year, in which I have 25. No-one has become unhappy but it is impossible to keep this many players on an equal footing - there will always be some below their best, so now I'm in January I'm selling two - I much prefer managing a tight-knit smaller squad and coping with injuries than having a bloated squad where some players hardly kick a ball.

Archived