Demand of Huge Wages

I'm in my first season with Liverpool, and have got a transfer for Serbian Forward Zigic (I think that's his name), big guy 6'8 and I brought him in for a little cover for Torres and also for a different dimension.

He was making $23,000 a week with his club, but is demanding $48,000 with me. Why the HUGE increase in demand?? I've had this with every player. Surely this does not always happen.

I believe Liverpool's reputation is higher than Valencia's and therefore it's not surprising he'd want a raise. Liverpool's wage structure is likely to be much more high-paying than Valencia's and Žigić will simply want a correspondingly-similar wage with respect to the wage structure at Liverpool.

Think about Man City in real life. If a player knows a team has cash to spare they will ask for it:thup:

True. Many players ask more from City or Chelsea just because they know that those clubs can afford it. The logic if that if those clubs deem the players to be good enough for them then they deserve as much money as the other guys playing there already.

That may be wrong actually, but it's how it works.

I agree that he demands too much though. So just see if he accepts less or look for someone else.

also had an 18 year old who wanted first team statues .. and very high wages

once i changed it to rotation wahes droped by 20 or 30 grand below what he wanted ...so i just took his apperance fee way up and he accpeted it

Archived