Fog of War? (iPod)

• SI Staff

My bad - when I first put Attribute Masking into CM01-02 (all those years ago) I called it 'Fog of War*' and confused the heck out of people ... when I did it for this version I did the same by mistake, apologies.

*Yes as you've probably guessed outside of sports sims my main game playing addictions involve turn based war games ;)

My bad - when I first put Attribute Masking into CM01-02 (all those years ago) I called it 'Fog of War*' and confused the heck out of people ... when I did it for this version I did the same by mistake, apologies.

*Yes as you've probably guessed outside of sports sims my main game playing addictions involve turn based war games ;)

Slightly off topic, I'm also keen on TBS war games (after FM of course), but all of the new ones seem to be real time - are there any good TBS games still out there??

• SI Staff
Slightly off topic, I'm also keen on TBS war games (after FM of course), but all of the new ones seem to be real time - are there any good TBS games still out there??

There are LOTS of good ones about imho - if you haven't tried it already then I'd seriously recommend 'The Battle for Wesnoth', its a turn based strategy game which is probably one of the best available (free or commercial) - some of the scenarios available for it are fantastic.

If you haven't tried it and get it download the 'Son of Red Eye' scenario - that one in particular is fantastic (there's also another one where you play as an Elf and you start in a small map in a scenario then at what you presume is the 'end' of it suddenly the map gets much larger and you realise you're actually involved in a much larger battle than you thought you were, all good stuff with unique twists and surprises imho.

PS - The Battle for Wesnoth is best on PC/Mac/Linux imho, but you can also get an iPhone version of it (the PC version is a free download incidentally).

Archived