Mid Support role has long shots set to often- why????

I was wondering why my team was taking far too many long shots and found this- why on earth is it set to this for a support role?

It makes sense for it in an attacking role but not in a support role where the player (according to SI) is to keep possession and create chances. No bloody good if he is just taking pot shots all the time is it?

It basically makes these roles useless- especially when you come up against teams parking the bus.

Err, just manually set long shots to 'mixed' or 'rarely' if it's that bad...

What he said.

More pertinently however, it makes perfect sense for the support mid to be on this, as he will often be lurking around the edge of the box and can fire shots off if the opportunity presents itself, whereas you don't want your attacker on that because he'll never actually make it into the box with the ball, just blatting it every time he gets 25 odd yards out.

I like taking long shots - strikers get the rebound from the keeper punching right in front of them.

Although if the long shots wasn't resulting in goals I'd switch it up.

Well obviously I have changed this- although an option to change the defaults would be useful.

The same applies to inside forward- attack is set to sometimes, support often.

If a player is lurking you dont want him shooting all the time- hence support should be sometimes, as you will want him to play people in too, which most importantly is how the game describes the role, not a lot of help to new players is it if it doesnt do what it says it does is it?

It looks like the tactics designer didnt evolve with the ME changes for 10.3, as I didnt have this issue before.

Well obviously I have changed this- although an option to change the defaults would be useful.

The same applies to inside forward- attack is set to sometimes, support often.

If a player is lurking you dont want him shooting all the time- hence support should be sometimes, as you will want him to play people in too, which most importantly is how the game describes the role, not a lot of help to new players is it if it doesnt do what it says it does is it?

It looks like the tactics designer didnt evolve with the ME changes for 10.3, as I didnt have this issue before.

If you have an inside forward on attack, you want him to be running at defenders and getting into the box, so if he was taking long shots he wouldn't do this. On support, he will not attempt to get in the box so much but get to a position outside then either pass or take a long shot.

Very logical in my opinion.

If you have an inside forward on attack, you want him to be running at defenders and getting into the box, so if he was taking long shots he wouldn't do this. On support, he will not attempt to get in the box so much but get to a position outside then either pass or take a long shot.

Very logical in my opinion.

I agree actually- although not sure the role description of "long shots when the opportunity arises" should really mean "shoot from range all the time" which is essentially what you get.

Archived