Starting with a 4-2-4??

Just about to play Rotherham with Barnsley in JPT, and they are starting with a 4-2-4. Never seen this before, just wondering if any of you guys have. I beat them 4-1 3 days ago so maybe they're trying to out attack me, but seems abit odd cause surely I can rip their midfield apart now :S

My formation is classified as a 4-2-4, though I use 2 strikers, then Inside forwards in the AMR/L positions. It works a dream.

Same here....it is absolutely awesome to see

Some AI managers have 4-2-4 as their favoured formation. I love playing against those as all you need to do is exploit the space.

Sometimes you even encounter man-marking 4-2-4s which suffice to say is absolute carnage.

Same here....it is absolutely awesome to see

Tis true. I'm in december on my save(in 2025), and my inside forwards have 36 and 25 assists between them. My AMR is my top scorer, and has this season scored 4 goals in a game and 5 in a game. If a team has a left back that's not awesome, my AMR destroys them.

My inside forwards and Strikers together though have 72 goals and 55 assists though, making it even more awesome.

Used to be my default starting position with CM01/02 with my mighty Leeds team. Can't remember the lineup other than Alan Smith as my goal-god. But used it again with FM08 as a Chelski team with Farfan as FL (not the best technically but brilliant cutting in), and Torje on the FR. Klose and that French chap who used to be brilliant after four seasons as my main STs.

Manchester United used to always play 4-2-4 against me in the last game, with cronaldo and rooney out wide and tevez and berbatov through the middle, it always seemed to be fairly even games so it probably has something to do with their player instructions

EDIT: 100th Post :D

I use it myself with great success. Having a left footed winger on the left and a left footed inside forward on the right.

My inside forward and strikers keep banging them in for fun!

Just about to play Rotherham with Barnsley in JPT, and they are starting with a 4-2-4. Never seen this before, just wondering if any of you guys have. I beat them 4-1 3 days ago so maybe they're trying to out attack me, but seems abit odd cause surely I can rip their midfield apart now :S

Just thought I'd give you guys a wee history lession; Heart of Midlothian (Hearts) were the first team to ever play a 4-2-4 formation :)

Archived