[iPhone] FMH 2011 Suggestions & Feature Requests

I thought I would start this off, as always a popular debate -

(Apologies if this is already here, I couldn't see it).

Great version and I think this could replace the PSP for me. Just a couple of ideas for 2011 to start things off.

1. Blue Square North/South.

2. Editor. (Player not logos).

3. More financial info.

4. More skin choices.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You cannot edit it as the device is locked.

I thought that if an editor was built into the actual game. i.e. an option within the game's menu. You could then edit the player data without editing the ipod itself.

I don't know if it can be done, but it would be a good feature.

I thought that if an editor was built into the actual game. i.e. an option within the game's menu. You could then edit the player data without editing the ipod itself.

I don't know if it can be done, but it would be a good feature.

I believe it is possible (I'm pretty sure that Manage Your Football Club, IMHO the second-best management game on the iPhone, has this functionality) but with the size of the app's database it might cause space/performance problems. It'd be nice, but not critical for me.

Good idea MagnumPI; there are a few threads relating to features that I've just added to with suggestions but having a more clearly marked thread is better. Of course we don't necessarily need to wait for FMHi 2011 if SI are updating the game.

Reiterating suggestions I've made previously:

1. Team Tactics - Player roles e.g. playmaker,

2. Team Tactics - Player specific versions of Team Instructions e.g. pressing,

3. Team Tactics - Player instructions e.g. hold up the ball and make forward runs,

4. Transfers - Search by attributes,

5. Transfers/Scout Reports - Player attribute comparison e.g. when your scout says player x is better that player y in your squad then being able to see this would be very useful.

Iirc most of these features were in CM2 or CM3 onwards and I always enjoyed focused on them as a LLM since I think one needs to choose very specifically skilled players to sign and to get the most out of them.

It makes more sense to have the requests in one area. Some changes will be saved for future editions but it will give the guys an idea of what people would like.

Whether the Ipod allows these things is another matter !!

3. Team Tactics - Player instructions e.g. hold up the ball and make forward runs,

I second these ........

Good idea MagnumPI; there are a few threads relating to features that I've just added to with suggestions but having a more clearly marked thread is better. Of course we don't necessarily need to wait for FMHi 2011 if SI are updating the game.

5. Transfers/Scout Reports - Player attribute comparison e.g. when your scout says player x is better that player y in your squad then being able to see this would be very useful.

Iirc most of these features were in CM2 or CM3 onwards and I always enjoyed focused on them as a LLM since I think one needs to choose very specifically skilled players to sign and to get the most out of them.

6. Team Tactics - Mark out player runs

7. Save game during a match - although these can be short circumstances might change so that one does not have time to finish the match e.g. an urgent call needs to be made so this would be a nice feature. Also this weekend twice I had a call in the middle of match and had to restart! I know Marc's mentioned this might be a technical issue in another thread.

I thought I would start this off, as always a popular debate -

(Apologies if this is already here, I couldn't see it).

Great version and I think this could replace the PSP for me. Just a couple of ideas for 2011 to start things off.

1. Blue Square North/South.

2. Editor. (Player not logos).

3. More financial info.

4. More skin choices.

Also, as a few others have mentioned, Multiple Leagues. :thup:

@MagnumPI: Would you change the title of the thread to something like "[iPhone/iTouch] FMH 2010 updates and FMH2011 feature suggestions"? A few other threads are popping up so it would be good to keep your original thread as the main one imho.

I have a few wishes for a future update or maybe the next FM handheld game:

- Stadium name and capacity in the info menu.

- An opportunity to expand/improve your stadium as in the CM 97/98 game. This could be an opportunity for the teams with small stadiums.

- Attendance info in the matches. One reason that I miss this is because I love to play with teams from lower leagus, and when I play against top teams in the leagues or in Cup-tournaments, it would be nice to see how the "big matches" affects the attendance, and in the last end the finances

- A message that tells you how much money you have earned after each EURO-Cup round.

- Also a message that tells you how much money you have earned due to your final league position.

- Opportunity to select the Database size. I'm playing in the German leagus and there is "only"3300 players in the Database. I would like the opportunity to select if the database size should be Small, Medium, Big, Full etc. It's irritating that you can't buy standard players from the other leagues. For example, if you selected the German league, you can't buy many player from Australia.

- Club transfer history. Which players was sold/buyed season by season. If not for all clubs, then just for the club you manage.

- Attribute search

- When you view your Squad, it would be nice to be able to sort by "Contract expires".

- View Managers like players so you can see the other managers attributes etc.

Thats the improvements I wish could be made in a future update or maybe the next FM handheld game.

@MagnumPI: Would you change the title of the thread to something like "[iPhone/iTouch] FMH 2010 updates and FMH2011 feature suggestions"? A few other threads are popping up so it would be good to keep your original thread as the main one imho.

I agree but the edit feature won't allow me to edit the title.

@ mods - is there any way you can either make this as a sticky or can you edit the title for me?

Personally I want the ability to have affiliate clubs or at least some sort of reserve option as AFC Wimbledon I feel slightly short of options for well... anything on a loan basis.

Half-time team talks would be good.

Tactics: Time wasting option (Yes/No), Defending deep

Offer trials to players.

And make it easier to sell players, I put a player on the list and I can never sell them...

There is always a danger of making the iPhone version too complicated if you include player instructions. I think a good compromise will be a formation editor. By placing a player in certain positions, it will allow modifications of player behavior. For example, putting a player in RB will make them more defensive as opposed as in the RWB position.

i like some of the ideas here but just wanna say the reason FM on the ipod is great its cos its quick and u can play on your journeys if u rly wanna more details stuff you have FM for the pc to handle all that.

i just hope FM ipod its not going to be bombarded with loads of stuff that will make it slow to play and over complicated on a small screen, i am happy with the quick way it generates dont rly fancy waiting 1min to generate next matches etc... cos of the amount of data on it.

just my view :)

The ability to drag a player into a new position (within the picture of the pitch, if this is activated), rather than have to go and change formation.

i.e. drag a central midfielder into an attacking midfield role, or set runs using the drag feature.

Basic player instructions - Man marking, setting target man etc.

Player roles.

Zonal / Man Marking introduced to team tactics.

A bit of freedom to tinker with your formation.

A simple "praise / criticise" option for managers of upcoming matches and indeed players in general. It can be amusing to unsettle transfer targets. ;)

I'd love an overhaul of the scouting reports.

Fernando Torres went down with a two month injury while managing Liverpool. Naturally I scout strikers to replace him, but every single report I get back from my scouts says, "John Citizen doesn't think Player 1 is good enough to play for Liverpool. He considers Fernando Torres the best striker at the club and Player 1 is well behind that standard."

Oh really? Thanks... I'm glad you're on my payroll with observations like that.....

I don't want to replace Torres - I want to buy a support/back up player!

Any possibility of allowing us to give scouts more specific instructions? Otherwise I see no point in having them if they continue to act like robots.

when i use the scouts to find a new player (they feel goalie is weakest position, here are some suggestions) i sign one of thier suggestions, but then after they still say goalie is weakest part, here are some suggestions, and i want the to suggest some stikers or sumin

Few suggestions that would be very good.

- When your reading the table, it would be good to turn the table around so it is lengthways. So when you turn your Ipod, the table turns to. Much easier to read.

- The ability to change/swap players positions whilst in game. I noticed that you can do that.

- Affiliated clubs

• SI Staff
i like some of the ideas here but just wanna say the reason FM on the ipod is great its cos its quick and u can play on your journeys if u rly wanna more details stuff you have FM for the pc to handle all that.

i just hope FM ipod its not going to be bombarded with loads of stuff that will make it slow to play and over complicated on a small screen, i am happy with the quick way it generates dont rly fancy waiting 1min to generate next matches etc... cos of the amount of data on it.

FMHi will evolve BUT its not my intent to make it into FM PC ever, I want it to evolve without increasing its complexity or making it slower to play .... it'll always be a balancing act, but one I think can be done.

Another few suggestions.

Under the Team name at the top, could you put in the position they are in the league.

Like the PC version.

- When your reading the table, it would be good to turn the table around so it is lengthways. So when you turn your Ipod, the table turns to. Much easier to read.

- Affiliated clubs

In the next update or in fm2011 could we have budget adjustments e.g excess wage budget to more transfer budget and vice versa. Also could we also be able to search player attributes as it really annoyin having to go through loads of players in order to find one that suits the kind of attributes I want. It would also be gr8 if you can see the stadium and upgrade the stadium and set ticket prices. More financial info should be available in the game. Also, one last request is to see the amount of revenue made after each game and after each round of cup/European competition. Could we also see what the attendance was after each match. Fm on iPod would be so amazin if some of these things were implemented into the game. :)

• SI Staff
In the next update or in fm2011 could we have budget adjustments e.g excess wage budget to more transfer budget

This is in update 2 if you download it now - the options available from the club 'info' page where it displays your budgets.

Totally agree in keeping FMH simple and not overly too complex. FM is there for the full experience. Anyway here is my suggestions:

- Player compare screen. I really miss this feature whenever I'm trying to judge players (either for progress review or potential targets).

- Highlight key attributes for selected position. I know some people wouldn't like this 'hand-holding' gesture, but why not make it an option? It is my believe that FMH can be a starting point for football fans who want to manage their team but finding the FM too advanced and complicated. This is a golden opportunity to present a simplified/streamlined FM experience to the masses.

- 4-3-3 with DMC and AML/R instead of 3 MC and 3 FC. I don't know whether it's treated as the same thing by the engine, I feel uncomfortable putting the likes of Messi/Ronaldo/Ribbery/Robben as FC (especially if it is not their Natural position).

- IMHO, I agree that Player Insructions is too sophisticated for FMH (especially for an update), but I think Player Roles can be the middle-ground. Even simply providing Attack/Defense/Auto setting would do, though I wouldn't say no to actual Roles like in FM (Ball Winning Midfielder, Deep Playmaker, etc)

It would make thing so much easier if we could save our team sheet (i.e. 1st team and 2nd team). this would really take away a lot of dragging and dropping when players need rest during a run of many games in a short space of time or cup games are frequent.

It would make thing so much easier if we could save our team sheet (i.e. 1st team and 2nd team). this would really take away a lot of dragging and dropping when players need rest during a run of many games in a short space of time or cup games are frequent.

Yeah, I second this - good idea x

• 2 weeks later...

A difficulty setting, one with a players stats displayed so you have to scout them.

Also, can you scout players yourself? I don't know I haven't got my iPhone yet. If not I'd like to be able to watch the players myself.

• SI Staff
A difficulty setting, one with a players stats displayed so you have to scout them.

If you turn off the 'Fog of War' option in preferences then players attributes are always visible regardless of whether you've scouted them.

• SI Staff
Probably been mentioned but id like the game to be endless so it doesnt finish after 25 years just keeps going.

Unfortunately there is always likely to be a limit to the length that the game can be ran for on devices which don't utilise virtual memory, but it is something we'll look at pushing 'outward' in the future ..

Unfortunately there is always likely to be a limit to the length that the game can be ran for on devices which don't utilise virtual memory, but it is something we'll look at pushing 'outward' in the future ..

I thought that may have been the problem thanks for the quick reply.

International squad selection to be re-vamped. Its abit annoying having to go on the players then action>Call up all the time for over 23 players and can be quite time consuming it would be much better for a Option like on psp where there is a mini box next to the player name and when you press/touch it, it either calls up or removes the player. I also agree with a few of the above. especially the editor option on the start screen menu to edit databases. also the option to edit save games :)

Archived