One of my players has arthritis.

[image Removed]

How could I refuse such a nice request. I'm also thinking of keeping his nickname.

Manners can get you anything on this forum! :D

Keep the nickname. Just imagine when he comes back.. scoring a 40 yard screamer and the commentator says, 'The crowd are cheering Mr. Arthritis' name' :p

It's no different to any other injury, really. It can be reoccurring though.

That's a relief

Manners can get you anything on this forum! :D

Keep the nickname. Just imagine when he comes back.. scoring a 40 yard screamer and the commentator says, 'The crowd are cheering Mr. Arthritis' name' :p

Definitely keeping it, he's scored a few screamers in his career.

Definitely keeping it, he's scored a few screamers in his career.

You had better make sure that after he scores a goal that he doesn't drop to his knees and pump his fists in the air in celebration. He might not be able to get back onto his feet. Blasted knees.

Ian Murray irl had reactive arthritis a few years ago while he played for Rangers. Been back at hibs for a couple of seasons and has been one of our better and most consistent players.

I remember on cm 01/02 in the days I was young enough to be bothered messing about with editors I edited Henrik Larsson to be out for like 10 years with it.

as mentioned by others, the main problem with this injury is that it will affect him constantly during his career. As he gets older you will see him miss more and more game time. I'd recomend selling him once he hits 31 or so.

Why not? I can't think of any good reason to hold back.

Because he's a good young real player who I got on a free (I reckon others can too) about 3 years in, due to his club not treating him right. It's either name him fully, and plaster the spoiler warning on top, or not name him and either blank or nickname the player. By the way I'm keeping the nickname.

In FM05 or 06 a great Ajax defender (at the time, he has since gone on to play for Roma and Inter) in my side was plagued with arthritis throughout his career, real shame, he could have been great in my team then.

A certain "Christian" defender maybe? I used buy him lots too.

Because he's a good young real player who I got on a free (I reckon others can too) about 3 years in, due to his club not treating him right. It's either name him fully, and plaster the spoiler warning on top, or not name him and either blank or nickname the player. By the way I'm keeping the nickname.

He won't have the same problem in every game, so I think you're being ridiculous.

A certain "Christian" defender maybe? I used buy him lots too.

Thats the one :thup:

It's not the problem that I've covered his name it's because he's a good player and the proper place to discuss good players is the GP&TG, not GD. It's simply a matter of etiquette.

This.

He won't have the same problem in every game, so I think you're being ridiculous.

Funny you should say that. I was just talking to my mate about this thread and my response about that church going defender, and he had exactly the same problem with that same defender all that time ago. Maybe some of these things are hard coded?

It's not the problem that I've covered his name it's because he's a good player and the proper place to discuss good players is the GP&TG, not GD. It's simply a matter of etiquette.

My god you've gone mad haven't you? I don't honestly think anyone is going to be offended if they can see the players' name.

My god you've gone mad haven't you? I don't honestly think anyone is going to be offended if they can see the players' name.

But plenty of us don't care to know his name. Is it that hard to message Brian Shanahan and ask for his name in private?

But what difference will it make to you if you can see his name? None. Exactly. So stop being so petty. Honestly...

Which part of the forum rules do you struggle to understand? No ones being petty, just following the rules.

Which part of the forum rules do you struggle to understand? No ones being petty, just following the rules.

That's exactly why I went to the rules to check and then came back here and stated "I just read the rule to do with player naming and it's only as to not spoil the game for others."

In other words, holding back the name is pointless and petty.

That's exactly why I went to the rules to check and then came back here and stated "I just read the rule to do with player naming and it's only as to not spoil the game for others."

In other words, holding back the name is pointless and petty.

How is not spoiling the game for others pointless and petty?

Typical GD:thdn:

Edgar: How do you mean it's "Spoiling the game"? Don't get it.

As per the rules for GD, player naming is frowned upon, many people do not want hints as to good players and the such like, therefore Brian Shanahan has played this exactly by the rules of the forum and not named someone who he deems to be a good player. Its obviously not Messi or Ronaldo because you can guarantee we all know who they are.

If anyone is that interested they can PM him or check the Betis thread in GPTG (good player & team guide) forum, which is the correct place to discuss player names.

Maybe he and I are being a little pedantic, but the point stands.

Nice... I hope i don't a player like that.

I think he is right to withhold the players name. I for one would like to know who it is so i have emailed him to ask. However this is not the place to be naming players, as others have stated. So well done to the OP

Luke

I'm glad the name's covered too. It's an interesting thing to share but I don't want or need to know the players name.

Can the players hidden stats change? I'm thinking of his injury proneness, would it be possible that it's jumped quite high because of this? Just a thought.

As per the rules for GD, player naming is frowned upon, many people do not want hints as to good players and the such like, therefore Brian Shanahan has played this exactly by the rules of the forum and not named someone who he deems to be a good player. Its obviously not Messi or Ronaldo because you can guarantee we all know who they are.

If anyone is that interested they can PM him or check the Betis thread in GPTG (good player & team guide) forum, which is the correct place to discuss player names.

Maybe he and I are being a little pedantic, but the point stands.

Saying that X has arthritis in your game has nothing to do with their ability. You should know that.

Saying that X has arthritis in your game has nothing to do with their ability. You should know that.

See post #27 for the relevance.

Also I should imagine that having arthritis would affect ability pretty substantially.

It depends what type of arthritus it is. I've got it IRL (I'm only 24) but I started playing football again after 10 months out (I couldn't walk for 2-3 months without being in chronic pain) and with the medication will be fine for the rest of my life and able to play football fine (when I get fully fit again!). Obvioulsy at a top club the treatment would be far better than what I got and could realistically take less than 6 months or so to get to the point I'm at now. Keep him.

• 4 months later...
I have just joined all about you. I love the magazine and have been going to sign up on line for months......... anyway I got there in the end looking forward to chatting to new people

thanks, Carol QUOTE]

This is the first time I've ever seen this on this forum... I know that it's probably a sweaty man in an office, or even more likely just a bot... But I would quite like to PM this CarolMannly and ask her on a date... such a way with words <3

This is the first time I've ever seen this on this forum... I know that it's probably a sweaty man in an office, or even more likely just a bot... But I would quite like to PM this CarolMannly and ask her on a date... such a way with words <3

Wow! Just wow, my thread has been neck romanced by a bot. Yay me!

Archived