Winning can actually get frustrating.

Cristiano Ronaldo manages to miss 7 clear chances against Iceland while my Gateshead team has 37 chances against AS Roma, every single header misses and all the CCC´s go wide ... I did manage to win 1-0 on an owngoal. As a real life coach your tactics are determined to prevent the opponent from scoring and be resolute on your finishing, sometimes things go wrong .... but blaming tactics for consistently missing clear chances is not realistic. In some scenarios you may blame the strikers, but in my case it´s just one freaking fabulous goalkeeper after another.

I won all titles last season, Bayern was in the final and they never had a shot on target ... I won in penalties, 24 to 0 chances with 6 clear chances missed. The FA cup final was pretty much the same, although Tottenham provided more resistance and did manage to get 2 clear chances which they used .... I won 3-2.

I withdrew from the Portugal squad (resigned) after watching my team conceed 3 goals on 3 chances and scoring 4 on 97 (17 clear cut chances in 5 games).

For 11 years I havnt seen the above, it has all been relatively realistic ... all of a sudden the AI simply has no clue how to stop me and the consequences are stupid to put it mildly. I am sure a lot of you wont understand me, I dont blame you ... I didnt experience any of this untill recently with FM 2010.

Many people will say its your tactics but it is clearly not. You have had many chances and many CCC's and your opponents have had very few chances and CCC's - so both attacking and defensively you are doing well.

In an isolated game it can happen but not over and over again - not that I am saying this is happening to me or am I camplaining about it, although I do think this does happen more than the norm - not major excesively but it occurs more than it should.

As i have said before and i will now - this is not a conspiracy theory - but in my experiences the AI do have a better CCC's conversion rate than me - not a massive one but a noticeable one. The amount of times in a season where I have less CCC's than the opposition and win the game is around 1 a season but the opposite will be at least 3 and maybe more.

Archived