Unable to 'Approach to sign'

I'm playing in the Coca Cola league 2, in April 2011. I'm trying to offer players whose contracts end in June 2011 but are unable to do so. However clubs in Scotland can offer them to move at the end of their contract. Why is that so?

I remember York City were upset at this when Clayton Donaldson agreed a move to hibs. They got caught out and received nothing. He was attracting interest from other english teams at the time who all would of had to agree a fee with York to sign him.

Yes, it sucks. 2 of them just agreed to move to clubs in Scotland.

I kinda found a way around it but it's too troublesome for me but some of you can use it if you really want the player. Bid for the player, doesn't matter if you can actually pay. When the player accepts, delay the transfer or whatever you can to prevent him from agreeing the deal with another club. When the time comes, just offer him a contract (for free this time) and hopefully you get your player. That is just a way i figured out which you CAN do, but that is just exploiting the AI i think. Just my 2 cents ;)

Incidentally the same situation can occur with loaning players. Some nations (Scotland and Netherlands that I'm sure of) can arrange loan deals before the start of the English transfer window which is annoying if you're planning on loaning a player back for a second spell (or just have your eye on a specific youngster) and have him snatched away before you can bid.

Archived