Is it neccesary to rotate Goalkeeper?

I usually rotate Adler with my 17yo prospect keeper. In 2013 now and they both have the same amount of matches. My prospects skills has sky-rocketed because of this.

The only reason to do this with your backup however, is to avoid him becoming annoyed, afaik.

Depends on performances. I tend to have my 2nd keeper on loan somewhere with a recall option and then a 3rd young keeper who gets experience, tutoring, the odd loan and plays in most cup games, with the odd league game thrown in. I tend to give 17-20 year old keepers around 5-10 games in the first team a season intertwined with loans. They need that lower level experience to improve IMO and I prefer a more mature first team keeper. Although as they say, if they're good enough, they're old enough.

Yes.. unless you want your backup to get unhappy and leave.

Howevr i wont rotate in just any match.. Usually in a cup or against smaller clubs.

having two good goalkeepers is a luxury that I usually can't afford, I tend to play with one GK in all matches, my backup goalkeepers are often one veteran of 33+ that has agreed on having a back up role for the club and a young goalie that i tend to send out on a loan

I only give my backup keeper a go in league cup games, and when my first choice is injured. He's a teenage regen, and he's a great prospect. In the 3rd season at the club he had to fill in for my other regen keeper (I'm in the mid 2020's), and he kept him out of the team for about a month, but since then he's not played much.

I don't rotate my goalies, the only time my reserve gets a look in is for a cup game I'm not really interested in. If I've got a decent young reserve goalie I'll try and get him out on loan, the keeper I name on the bench is always useless.

Thanks for the replies. I don't care about my sub-goalkeeper. I was wondering whether rotating would do any good to my first goalkeeper. I feel like after 30-35 games the goalkeeper starts to get careless, but that is a wrong assumption.

Goalkeepers never seen to get tired. I have never had to rest my first team goalkeeper. If I have a decent young backup I like to play him in Cup games where I am strong favourites to win.

My backup keeper is a mediocre 24 year old one. But my 3rd and 4th GK's are 18 and 17 year old hot prospects. I bought one of them almost a year ago, and his attributes have been frozen since then. Will they ever increase without playing in the first team? All the other U18 players are improving by training + U18 games, I don't understand why my GK didn't improve at all!

Any ideas?

Personally, I like to give my goalie as many games as possible since he does not suffer from tiredness, as you can see here. 832 club appearances and still going strong :cool:

Wow you must give him a veteran goalkeeper award :-)) I was thinking to give a goalkeeper rest every now and then make him more concentrated in his work, but I guess I am mistaken.

My backup keeper is a mediocre 24 year old one. But my 3rd and 4th GK's are 18 and 17 year old hot prospects. I bought one of them almost a year ago, and his attributes have been frozen since then. Will they ever increase without playing in the first team? All the other U18 players are improving by training + U18 games, I don't understand why my GK didn't improve at all!

Any ideas?

The best way to increase stats for any player is to either play them in the first team or loan them out to another club if not good enough for your team. Keeping them in your U18s or reserves will only hold them back.

Wow you must give him a veteran goalkeeper award :-)) I was thinking to give a goalkeeper rest every now and then make him more concentrated in his work, but I guess I am mistaken.

He took the number one spot at a very young age, he's still only 32!

If he started deteriorating I might start rotating him but until then he's been solid throught the whole season every year, I've never had any reason to rotate him.

Any ideas?

I have no idea. My under 18 keeper stats are increasing through the time. Unfortunately they will never be as good as to be in my first team, but they still increase. If they are frozen for a long time even with training and playing in your under 18; I would suggest you to post this in bugs forum. Some player increase slightly according to their Potential Ability, but I have never saw a frozen one.

I have my main keeper start every league game, while the back-up starts the domestic cup games. For continental games, I'll go with the back-up until I run into teams that are better than me. In my last full season I think it ended up being about 40 starts for my starter and 20 or so for my back-up, and neither one was upset with their playing time (and were actually fairly close in terms of CA.)

I have no idea. My under 18 keeper stats are increasing through the time. Unfortunately they will never be as good as to be in my first team, but they still increase. If they are frozen for a long time even with training and playing in your under 18; I would suggest you to post this in bugs forum. Some player increase slightly according to their Potential Ability, but I have never saw a frozen one.

It's very odd because it is happening to my U18 GK's only. Every other player in my U18 squad has been improving, some of them only slightly, some of them a lot (which is ok bc it just depends on their PA), but both of my keepers attributes never changed for 12 months now. When I first got them they had 3 and 3.5 star potential. Now one of them is down to 2* and the other one is down to 3*.

I sent the older one to my affiliate team now, and I will see if he will improve while being there. The problem with that though is

1- I don't think he is good enough yet to play for my affiliate team even, so chances are he won't get playing time there either

2- I only have the first division activated and my affiliate team is in Turkish 2nd division, so I don't know if it makes any difference if he will get the playing time in an active league or inactive league. Anybody knows what's the deal with that?

I've heard from others that sending players on loan to non-active teams won't help their attributes. However, I was able to send a young Brazilian player (91 CA, I believe) for a year to a non-active Canadian team (rep somewhere around 1500, with average training) and he returned at 97 CA (I checked with FMRTE.) I don't know if this was a result of his natural development, as he was only 18 or 19 at the time, or his success at the club. I've never tried it with older players, though.

My Current Save:

Squad Statuses are:

Ochoa - Indispensible

Fabianski - Back Up

Marini (Newgen) - Hot Prospect

Ochoa played 44 games last season, Fabianski 13 and Marini 3. Fabianski has been complaining for well over a season about lack of Football even though he agreed to join as back up, and I don't think just over 20% of my games is a bad return for a back up keeper. But he persisted with the complaints and found himself transfer listed and in the reserves (And Unhappy that he's been transfer listed?) and Marini overtook him and was knocking on Ochoa's door. Ochoa had a slight dip in form where he Averaged around 6.4 over 5 games and conceded 8, so I threw Marini in and he's kept 4 Clean Sheets from 7 games. But as he's only down as a hot prospect (Before other clubs start sniffing or he starts looking for a new contract), he'll soon be back on the bench as I know that Ochoa will play well when I throw him back in, he just needed a kick up the back side or a rest.

So imo, rotating keepers can be advantageous if you have a back up good enough(although I don't normally do it), I just wouldn't switch keepers every game or 2, give them 3-4 games at least.

I have Ochoa, Akinfeev (free), and Consigli (free).

Ochoa outperforms both of them, so keeps his stop (bought 6 seasons ago)

I want to sell Akinfeev and/or Consigli but it's practically impossible to sell old keepers, from what I have found. (They are all 30 years roughly)

On topic though, last season I rotated but this season I don't care much as Akinfeev and Consigli haven't complained, well Akinfeev can't complain cause he's already transfer listed.

It's a shame though as Akinfeev was a god in my FM09 long term career save.

2- I only have the first division activated and my affiliate team is in Turkish 2nd division, so I don't know if it makes any difference if he will get the playing time in an active league or inactive league. Anybody knows what's the deal with that?

leagues that arent active have thier matches similated.

Friendlies and cup matches will be on the teams fixture list, the [xyz] league fixtures won't be but they will still be played

So if he's good enough to be picked, he'll recieve match experience credits while he's there.

Iam with arsenal in 2014 and i use Ochoa as my first keeper he plays all league matches and most of champions league matches and Joe Hart is my reserve he plays cups, some champions league matches and matches where Ochoa is on international with Mexico

My 2nd keeper is usually one I've loaned from another club, that way he doesn't get unsettled when he's not playing, and have a young prospect 3rd keeper who's mostly happy being tutored and playing reserve football

Archived