A couple of "noob" questions

Although i've been registered for a while i've only recently bought FM10.....couple of questions

1) I've just purchased a young hot shot and although he's not good enough for my first team i want him to start banging them in for the reserves - thing is, the ass man never picks him. Now i know you can manage the team yourself but i'd rather leave it to the ass man, so is there any way to force certain players to play in certain positions?

2) In the tactics screen...............swap player - now i guess this swaps players around, so your wingers or strikers keep swapping sides (yes?) - if so then do you have to chose the option on both players screens or just one?

1) Not as far as I'm aware. My advice would be to try to send him out on loan to someone who is offering him first team football. Playing at a lower level is still better than reserve football anyway.

2) Good question. I'm pretty sure you only have to select it in one, but I've usually done it in both when I've used the option.

Although i've been registered for a while i've only recently bought FM10.....couple of questions

1) I've just purchased a young hot shot and although he's not good enough for my first team i want him to start banging them in for the reserves - thing is, the ass man never picks him. Now i know you can manage the team yourself but i'd rather leave it to the ass man, so is there any way to force certain players to play in certain positions?

2) In the tactics screen...............swap player - now i guess this swaps players around, so your wingers or strikers keep swapping sides (yes?) - if so then do you have to chose the option on both players screens or just one?

1) Why doesn't he pick him? too many players for the position? player is in the U19s? player not eligible for the matches?

If its too many players for the position you could move some into the main squad out of the way or if he is in the U19s move him to the reserves.

2) Just one is needed but the one selected I believe is the one that initiates the swop. Personally if I want them to swop I prefer them both of them be able to initiate it so have always selected both. You can also have several players involved in a swop.

eg an ST, AMC, AML & AMR - ST swops with AMC, AMC with AML, AML with AMR & AMR with ST would give you rotation but could also get messy.

In the early part of the season, I had my two wingers set to swap. I wanted them to be hard to mark, and they were both able to play on both wings anyway. I didn't really see any positives come out of it though - maybe they were spending too much time swapping and not enough time playing!

Archived