Managing in Spain

So far I have created like about 10 different saves they are either clubs in england or a country.

I have never managed a club outside of england cause im not really familiar with other leagues, like I wanna manage in spain but I think there is a restriction like you need a certain amount of spanish players is that correct ?

It means players with EU citizenship. You're only allowed to register 3 players of any nationality outside of the UK, which seems like a tough rule but in Spain if you sign a player from any South American country he can gain Spanish nationality in only 2 years which is a great rule. So you need to register any player over 21 I think, and you can include youngsters in your line up who are under the age of 21 (I think, at least). If you do sign too many foreign players but they are of South American origin, you can loan them out to feeder clubs as it only takes 2 years to get citizenship.

In Spain, you can only register 25 players (and only #s 1-25). Players under 21 don't have to be registered and are automatically given numbers. Additionally, only 3 players who don't have EU citizenship can be registered, but they gain Spanish nationality pretty quickly, so it's not much of a problem.

I think Africans are exempt too as per the Cotonou agreement right? So are Carribbean and Pacific Islander players but they almost never come to Spain anyways

Africans aren't exempt IIRC, so they count as a non EU player. I'm basing this on when I managed Barca on FM07/FM08 and Eto'o had to get Spanish citizenship though, so I could be wrong.

Africans aren't exempt IIRC, so they count as a non EU player. I'm basing this on when I managed Barca on FM07/FM08 and Eto'o had to get Spanish citizenship though, so I could be wrong.

Some african nations as well as some east european nations, have made deals or 'arrangements' with the EU, so their inhabitants are NOT counted as non-EU labor, meaning they will not count as 'EU-foreigners' in the game ;-)

Can't remember where I found a list of nations that are not in the EU, but who have this deal worked out with the EU... Try google ;-)

I believe the Cotonou agreement applies to all Sub-Saharan African countries. Therefore players from nations such as Nigeria, Senegal, Cameroon etc are all exempt from the foreigner rule, but players from Algeria, Tunisia, Egypt, Libya, Morocco are not. Eto'o wouldn't count as a foreigner if you signed him from Cameroon nowadays.

All Caribbean and Pacific countries are also exempt.

All South Americans count as foreign but gain Spanish nationality after 2 years.

I am playing in Spain atm, but as Athletic Bilbao, and so can't check because I can't sign non-Basque players :p

This page shows all the countries exempt from the foreigner rule

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African,_Caribbean_and_Pacific_Group_of_States

Archived