Assistant manager not using selected players when on holiday

Hello,

This concerns fm2010 10.3

sometimes i like to skip unimportant matches (not friendlies). i.e. some cup matches or matches against lower teams. Most times i select my team, usually some youngsters or bench players to give them some minutes. Just after i selected my team, including subs, i go on holiday for 1 day with the boxes "use current team selection" and "use current tactics" ticked. Unfortunately my assistant manager is kind of stubborn and selects his own players and subs for the match even though i told him to play my selection. This causes some youngsters i like to play in low importance games to never play. Sometimes my assistant manger listens exactly to me but other times he does his own thing.

I hope my problem is clear.

Doe sthis have something to do with a stat from the assistant manager?

Is this a bug?

Can i do anything about it?

I would really like it when i select my team and go on holiday my assisatnt manager would play the players i selected

I know players who are injured will be replaced and such but most of the times the players i select have 95% or more condition.

Thank you

• 9 months later...

The thing is that; Asst. Manager is their to help the Managers. But if the Asst. are capable of doing everything, then what will we do in the game. So to increase the manager involvement and decrease dependence on the Asst. I think SI just treats them like other staff.... albeit with a few more functions...

It happens to me all the time but its not the only problem with holidaying and not the worst either.

I have had players who are not available for loan, loaned out with right to buy clauses. This can happen to just about any player U21 even if he is in your first team and has several appearances under his belt. Thats with reject all offers checked.

Also, never holiday through a registration period. The AI will register a team on the last day of registration, even if you have already done so earlier.

It will register the maximum amount of players allowed and will include U21 players even though U21 players dont need to be registered .... It will then leave over 21's out of the squad.

I holiday between games very often and this stuff is driving me crazy. I have posted on the bugs forum but the laxy gits want me to upload a save game for them.... What? They cant be bothered to load up a game for themselves???? These issues can be found easily and quickly without any help from us.

Archived