What do you do when your team is on a poor form?

I realized that in certain times teams are catching a poor form disease. It is happening to AI teams as well. I am in year 2020 and especially in my current season I used the squad rotation effectively. After 8 games on a winning streak with QPR(2nd) I lost against Blackburn (15th) in PRM and lost against Burnley on FA cup and got knocked out. I think I catch the poor form disease. What do you do when something like this happens to the team you are managing?

It depends on how bad the form is, if its just a minor dip then I usually just replace the players who are performing badly in the first XI. If it is a serious problem, then I usually look at changing tactics and going to a 4-4-2 with a diamond midfield to make the pitch effectively smaller.

My players are doing ok, I am getting good enough chances to win the matches. However I am unable to change the score-board. I think I should change my tactic slightly. Here are my last 3 games stats except the Euro CUp game

against Blackburn 12 shots 6 on target with 2 clear cut chances lost 3-1

against Burnley 12 shots 7 on target 3 clear cut chances lost 2-1 (FA Cup)

against A.Villa 15 shots 8 on target 2 clear cut chances tied 2-2

I'm going through bad form and I was hoping to get a captain meeting but it was not available.

The next week the form is still bad and the backroom advice suggest I should get one of my youth players to call the meeting????

I checked the captain but still not available so asked the youth player to do the meeting.

Unsuprisingly I get a message back saying the meeting was unsuccessful.

Why was my youth player the only option?

I think its because your youth player had recently complained about the lack of form, well thats the only thing i can think of.

If im playing very bad then i try to fit in a friendly against a sh*te team, stuff them and then the morale improves slightly.

I think its because your youth player had recently complained about the lack of form, well thats the only thing i can think of.

If im playing very bad then i try to fit in a friendly against a sh*te team, stuff them and then the morale improves slightly.

I do that in mid winter break in Italy. I use a low rep team if we are out of form or a good team if we are in good form to get the extra cash and a confidence boost if we manage to win.

I think I am going to loose my mind. When I had this post it just started in my game. To give you more insight I am posting my fixture and L.Table:

fixture:http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/2803/fixture.jpg

L.Table: http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/7241/ltable.jpg

As You can see after 8 straight wins and 10 game without loosing I started running a poor form with Blackburn game. I lost FA Cup, Euro Cup on Quarter final and now it is 7 games in League without a win. I can't believe I lost against Blackburn (18th), and tied against Sunderland (16th). I feel it is unnecessary to say that I lost Euro Cup after having my first draw and lost. Up to Rangers game I won every single game that I played in Euro Cup.

Is it something that my physio can cure???

Do you use the same team talk every game? Try to change it. Also (saw this on another thread) at half time, click split view and check your players motivation, if they're saying "playing without confidence" tell them on the individual team talk there's no pressure on them, or that you have faith in thier ability. If complacent then tell them you expect a performance (individually again).

Search the forums for wolfsongs team talk guide, lots of good info there. I generally find that if my team go on a good run of form, eventually it goes bad!

Do you use the same team talk every game? Try to change it. Also (saw this on another thread) at half time, click split view and check your players motivation, if they're saying "playing without confidence" tell them on the individual team talk there's no pressure on them, or that you have faith in thier ability. If complacent then tell them you expect a performance (individually again).

Search the forums for wolfsongs team talk guide, lots of good info there. I generally find that if my team go on a good run of form, eventually it goes bad!

I am not using the same team-talk. Sometimes I say "for the fans", sometimes "Nothing" against a weaker teams, I even said "expect a win" against Sunderland. TBH I don't think it is a team-talk. It is not the rotation either, since I rotate the players effectively.

Whatever it is; I am going to loose my mind. I tried everything except a team meeting with my captain, since I don't have an option yet.

I havent had a win in 8 matches now. I'm considering the Roman practice of Decimation. Line up the team after a particularly poor performance and execute every tenth player as an example to the rest. Shortly before I myself am fired and probably executed by the Board.

I havent had a win in 8 matches now. I'm considering the Roman practice of Decimation. Line up the team after a particularly poor performance and execute every tenth player as an example to the rest. Shortly before I myself am fired and probably executed by the Board.

I sometimes feel like to execute some players; if I had a chance :-))

I sometimes end up messing around with my tactics too much when im struggling, infact ive actually gone back to classic tactic mode as i find it much simpler, try it and see if you have any luck.

I'll try it. I mess up with my tactic during a match, but will try it before I start the match.

shout at my laptop aa lot and genraly sulk

I think I have a very strong mouse, since it is not broken yet. I sometimes punch my mouse after missing very easy chance :-))

Archived