Idea - Instructing assistant how to answer media questions

I think most of us would agree press conferences are at present a bit dull and tedius. No doubt improvements will be made over the next few years, but I personally doubt they can ever be as fun and realistic as other features in the game, simply because answers are pre-set, which can never portray the unpredictable nature of media irl, no matter how many answers we can choose from.

However as a manager who likes to let his assistant handle press conferences, I would like to have the option on the 'team settings' page to tell the assistant how to answer questions on certain topics.

E.g.

-Tell assistant to always stay neutral when talking about rival teams.

-Tell assistant to always/never choose 'your team' when asked who will win title.

-Tell assistant to always/never choose 'your player' when asked about player awards.

-Tell assistant to always criticise/praise rival managers/players.

etc.

After a few goes at press conferences you are able to tell which answers to certain topics are going to get a positive response out of your players, so it would be nice to control our assistants in this way.

My assistants come up with some strange answers which kills team morale before games! ;)

Has anyone else got their own views/ideas on press conferences?

That wouldn't be a bad idea, especially after a time when I had staunton as ass man, a defensive minded coach, something reflected in his answers, which often were at odds with what I was thinking. Must have baffled the players quite a bit, it certainly irritated them occasionally, though they needn't have worried given I was in charge, not him.

IMO, I like the thread that I read earlier that stated that if you play in England, you have to do over 120 press conferences a year (just pre- and post-match, not including new signings, international management). I have to agree that the pre- and post-match should either be scrapped or have your ass man remember what you said in previous press conferences.

Archived