Liquidation Idea for fm 2011

As we all know, clubs are going out of business left right and center in today football, luckily they have been replaced by fan owned clubs or most of them have. In fm 2010 there is no Liquidation because of the licensing ? Instead clubs just go into adminsation and then survive, but because of the poor poor reputation model in the game, most clubs can recover way too quickly, my idea is that in fm 2011, clubs should be kicked out of the league pyramid for one season with fan based board taking over while the club isn't playing any football, forced to sell there squad and each of the staff contracts removed and there facilities downgraded to help pay off the debt. After one season, they should be promoted to the conference north/south, to start all over again.

Feedback ?

As you've already pointed out it can't happen due to legal issues.

I am not talking about name change, just the club been kicked off the League pyramid for one season.

If even that can't happen, there must be some punishment in place, so clubs can't just recover in just a few seasons.

If liquidation can't happen I'd like to see it being much much harder to get out of administration. It is much too easy for clubs to find a buyer. On my current save (with official Jan update) Chester City and Portsmouth were taken over within 3 months of the start with Pomey's being a tycoon takeover. It doesn't really reflect real life very well.

Also on some of my longer term saves I've seen clubs go into admin and get relegated but to get some amazing buyer and be quickly re-established as a Premiership team. This happened with Liverpool (fair enough I suppose, they would get a buyer more quickly IRL), Bolton and Reading.

Bolton spent one season in the Championship after a points deduction got a quick takeover and came back as an established top 6 team in 18 months. Reading were at the bottom of the Premiership with a point deduction an awful squad and they got a tycoon takeover and ended up being top 4 contenders a couple of seasons later.

It seems that you are better off going into admin to propmt a takeover that will quickly get out of it. You are better off doing that than managing debt and low bank balances it seems.

I'ver never managed a club with poor finances myself so I don't know what it's like, also I'd imagine that the effect of admin would be different in the lower leagues and other countries.

It could be coded that if a club goes into administration, a takeover cannot happen untill the club has at least halved its debt. Obviously it can only do this by shedding staff and players. If it occurs inbetween transfer windows then the admin period goes on until then.

It could be coded that if a club goes into administration, a takeover cannot happen untill the club has at least halved its debt. Obviously it can only do this by shedding staff and players. If it occurs inbetween transfer windows then the admin period goes on until then.

Something like that would be a good idea IMO. The punishment is far too minimal at the moment IMO.

Archived