Suggestion for FM 2011

I'm not really sure of the correct forum for this topic to go under, but I had a scout around and this seemed to encompass it.

Basically, after playing Football Manager throughout several series I thought it would be a good idea if you could do something with the money you acquire throughout your managerial career. For example, when your contract is renewed as a Manager at a club after a successful spell, you are often offered an increased salary which digs into a wage budget, and this can certainly be problematic when you have just been promoted.

My suggestion is that you can do something with this money, although I have little idea what, it would be nice if other members of the SI community could chip in and brainstorm a few. I think it would bring a more personal and immersive experience to football managers!

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong forum.

I think almost any idea put foward would add something to the game in my eyes. I'm not suprised it's been suggested before, I only posted it because I haven't seen any signs of it being implemented in previous FM's so thought I might just bring it to attention :)

I really want to be able to take control of an existing manager - e.g. Martin O'Neill, and pick up from where they currently are, e.g. same rep, previous trophies, favoured personel/clubs, etc.

How would you use your manager earnings to do that?

Can only assume it was an irrelevant suggestion for FM 2011.

Just found this on what people were hoping for in FM 2010:

"I think they should take into account your salary more. Right now it is pointless and just eats into a wage budget or transfer funds which can be crucial with lower league teams (I would happily manage for £0 a week in the game, as it doesn't affect anything.) Maybe they could make it so that you can do things with the money you earn. I couldn't think what right now, but it would be nice for that to have more of a purpose."

Title: "Suggestions for FM11"..........

Psst.. It's 'Suggestion (no s) for FM 2011' but no worries, your suggestion is more than welcome :)

Would be nice to have some suggestions towards what could be spent with the virtual salary!

Anyone?

Nope, it says 'Suggestion...'

Which I assume means this is his suggestion for what he'd like to see added to the next game.

kk then, my mistake. I thought it would be acceptable to give my suggestion as well... silly me :rolleyes:

Can only assume it was an irrelevant suggestion for FM 2011.

Just found this on what people were hoping for in FM 2010:

"I think they should take into account your salary more. Right now it is pointless and just eats into a wage budget or transfer funds which can be crucial with lower league teams (I would happily manage for £0 a week in the game, as it doesn't affect anything.) Maybe they could make it so that you can do things with the money you earn. I couldn't think what right now, but it would be nice for that to have more of a purpose."

It actually isn't pointless as I'm pretty sure it effects how willing the board will be to sack you. If you have a big wage and a fair bit of time left on your contract then it will cost the board a lot to get rid of you. Smaller wage and shorter contract = easier to sack.

The only ideas I've seen are things like buying a club and becoming chairman, which is a terrible idea imo, or pumping money back into the club, which no manager would do in real life.

kk then, my mistake. I thought it would be acceptable to give my suggestion as well... silly me :rolleyes:

Sorry if I sounded harsh, I was just genuinely confused as to how you would use your manager wages to do what you suggested :)

Didn't realise you'd simply misread the title.

Sorry if I sounded harsh, I was just genuinely confused as to how you would use your manager wages to do what you suggested :)

Didn't realise you'd simply misread the title.

No worries :thup: - For the manager wages - Boot money to be introduced? We all know it happens....

The only ideas I've seen are things like buying a club and becoming chairman, which is a terrible idea imo, or pumping money back into the club, which no manager would do in real life.

Out of several mediocrely average ideas I think a vague idea (which obviously needs a large amount of tweaking, but the principle), is somewhere to provoke the media aspect of FM, which I think is a serious amount of untapped potential; the occasional repetitive press conference is literally the least I expect from the media. Perhaps more trivial media interaction could happen such as 'Manager out on the lash, sleeps with 8 prostitutes' (semi-joking). I guess it runs risk of losing its 100% football appeal though.

Archived