Suggestion for 2011

It's been mentioned before but I thought it would be a good time to bring it up again now that the next game is in development.

Feeder clubs are a great part of the game but linking new clubs can be quite tricky. It's especially notable when you're given more specific options to choose, like to name an individual club or the type of link you desire. It seems the more exacting you are the less chance there is of a link.

That's fine, and understandable, my suggestion is, though, that instead of having to waiting approximately six months to try again after a failed link attempt (the same length of time as a successful attempt) the board should allow you to resubmit a request within a far shorter time frame.

I don't know about anyone else but once I get to the point where I already have several links and new ones are getting harder to come by, I have to start being far less selective in my request lest I have to wait six months for another opportunity. It's a bit annoying that at the same time as the board is giving you more freedom, the environment is demanding you be less exacting.

Anybody else have any views on this?

I think people may end up with very long feeder club lists if this was the case, which would get a little unrealistic.

It might be better if you could gauge in some way the likelyhood of success when suggesting a specific club, or feeder type. You could then make a more informed decision.

Yeah agree it's a bit strange. Would a board really give up for 6 months just because one club turned them down? Probably not if they've decided forming a link is a good idea.

One thing that I feel must change is the ability to create formal links with domestic teams in England and Germany. They are not permitted under those fa rules as clubs must be financially independent. Forming relationships is ok but there shouldn't be a fee payable.

One thing that I feel must change is the ability to create formal links with domestic teams in England and Germany. They are not permitted under those fa rules as clubs must be financially independent. Forming relationships is ok but there shouldn't be a fee payable.

I don't think that these links in FM actually go against the nursery clubs FA ruling. As a feeder club you are still in total control of your club, the parent club has no power over the feeder club at all.

From the FA Rulebook:

(i) Nursery Clubs

Any Club which is under obligation to another Club, written or otherwise, by reason

of which it has not the sole and entire control of its own management, finances and

Players, shall be deemed to be a “Nursery Club” and is not entitled to be a Full

Member Club or an Associate Member Club.

I don't think that these links in FM actually go against the nursery clubs FA ruling. As a feeder club you are still in total control of your club, the parent club has no power over the feeder club at all.

Does a club have entire control of its players if a parent club has first option though?

I think people may end up with very long feeder club lists if this was the case, which would get a little unrealistic.

It might be better if you could gauge in some way the likelyhood of success when suggesting a specific club, or feeder type. You could then make a more informed decision.

Well the board already imposes a maximum limit of clubs you can be linked to at a time - it's just that if you could truly choose the club the list would be more useful.

The first option link isn't available for domestic links.

Asked and answered! I never realised although I'm partly going to blame my ignorance on the lack of opportunity to so specifically request conditions which leads again to the OP...

Asked and answered! I never realised although I'm partly going to blame my ignorance on the lack of opportunity to so specifically request conditions which leads again to the OP...

To be fair, when the feeder clubs were first introduced to FM these links were available, which is why I think some people still think that domestic feeder clubs in FM are illegal.

As for the OP, I agree that it can be frustrating when the board fails to agree a link and you have to wait ages to try a new one. I've got to the point in my game where I've got a decent number of links and I'm asking for my own ones. I get a few rejections but I've managed to add some pretty cool foreign ones.

As for the OP, I agree that it can be frustrating when the board fails to agree a link and you have to wait ages to try a new one. I've got to the point in my game where I've got a decent number of links and I'm asking for my own ones. I get a few rejections but I've managed to add some pretty cool foreign ones.

That's a really good list. My games never last that long which is why I may be having these problems. I've never been able to get such high profile names especially as most of them already have an English link and don't seem to want to link to two domestic clubs at the same time.

South American clubs seem particularly reluctant to link, despite me having a high profile club and the leagues enabled, though it seems you've managed to do quite well there. Still it's taken you 40 years to get there!

To be fair, when the feeder clubs were first introduced to FM these links were available, which is why I think some people still think that domestic feeder clubs in FM are illegal.

Sorry to go a bit off topic again but I thought the payment of a fee was a problem if you compete in the same competition. If you were to meet in the cup one club could be argued to be in a position to exert finanicial pressure on the other thus prejudicing their independence. Willing to accept it may just be my interpretation that's at fault though!!:thup:

Sorry to go a bit off topic again but I thought the payment of a fee was a problem if you compete in the same competition. If you were to meet in the cup one club could be argued to be in a position to exert finanicial pressure on the other thus prejudicing their independence. Willing to accept it may just be my interpretation that's at fault though!!:thup:

I must admit, the fee was the bit I was most unsure about.

I suppose the same could be said about normal loans in the game as well though, with a possible threat of a recall of loan players bringing a question over independance.

I'm really keen on getting this suggestion looked at and perhaps considered by SI. It really would be a fantastic addition to my game as feeder clubs can be a large part of what I do (scouting and loaning out youth especially). I'm also sure that there are others on the forum who would appreciate it as well. Is there perhaps some other thread where I should post this or should I just be patient and leave it be?

Archived