Player positions after red card bug?

Hi guys, after having a player sent off (Defender) i wanted to sub a striker for a defender and then move him into defence hence leave one up top.

But in the tactics option you cant move players positions, you can only change formation but then you have no idea whether you still have a position missing in defence?

Am i doing something wrong? spent ages trying to find away but couldnt

Yeah its been noted. You can get around it by confirming the sub which will take you back to the match screen and going back into tactics and then changing the player's position

you cant change the position though? ie swap a striker for the sent off defender? how you doing this?

• SI Staff
it doesnt work :( the players dont swap, not on the team view anyway!?

On the subs page you should find you can drag and swap the players with in the team around to cover sent off players (or just change things around a bit).

When subbing a player off if you want to swap the team position please do the swap first then do the substitution, I'm looking into allowing you to swap around a subbed on player straight away but from a 'techy' perspective its not quite as simple as you might think.

On the subs page you should find you can drag and swap the players with in the team around to cover sent off players (or just change things around a bit).

When subbing a player off if you want to swap the team position please do the swap first then do the substitution, I'm looking into allowing you to swap around a subbed on player straight away but from a 'techy' perspective its not quite as simple as you might think.

I must be doing something wrong because nothing happens. If I click tactics mid game I cam sub by tapping on the player I want to sub. But I can not move players around and dragging does nothing...

I must be doing something wrong because nothing happens. If I click tactics mid game I cam sub by tapping on the player I want to sub. But I can not move players around and dragging does nothing...

You need to drag the players around BEFORE bringing on the sub. The sub cannot be dragged around once he has been brought on (if you do it in this order, you need to exit and re-enter the tactics screen to drag the sub around). This obviously isn't ideal and the issue has been noted.

I have had the same problem myself. I can swap player positions fine normally, via the methods above. However, once a player has been sent off. If I try and swap the sent off defender for the striker I can get the positions to change however it doesn't save that and my defender stays in the striker position rather than swapping with the defender. Going back in to the tactics screen shows they have not actually saved the swap.

Archived