Stadium View

Now, this may be a controversial idea but surely I'm not alone when it comes to wanting more EYE CANDY in the game?

The game is absolutely crying out for a bit of freshness in the graphics department to stop it feeling like a spreadsheet and to create more immersion.

SI have paid attention to this in recent years and made a number of (albeit) small graphical improvements.

However, more strides are needed. Sooooooo.

Stadium view - A page where you can see what your home stadium actually looks like - similar to what used to be in Ultimate Soccer Manager but without the options to upgrade features as a manager doesn't do this.

Perhaps it can be on the 'facilities' screen? An actual representation of what your stadium looks like so that you can see it expand and build up over time?

I know this is PURELY aesthetic but I need more graphics in FM to stop it feeling like a spreadsheet.

I'm all for graphical improvements, so personally wouldn't mind this. I remember Stan Petrov once mocked up some incredible screens for FM which presented information in a much more graphical format. I was a fan. :thup:

As for the idea, like Dafuge, I like the idea of seeing your stadium grow over time.

I quite like that idea actually, it would be pretty good for watching your stadium grow as it gets expanded over time. It would also be nice to see what your new stadium looks like when it is built.

Exactly. I'm sure SI must have it on the radar as they're already using stadium graphics in the match engine.

This will let you see it in more detail - and it will be handy seeing it on the facilities page with the info on capacity etc.

I know it's cosmetic but more is needed on the graphics front for me.

The issue may be licensing. So a decision would have to be made whether to use generic stadiums. But this would still be better than nothing in my opinion.

They could still have something that closely resembles Old Trafford, Wembley, Emirates for example.

This game isnt meant to be a graphical simulator, and whilst there are other areas of the game that need developed, this should be low on the list.

No but it's meant to be fun and whilst it's just a bland spreadsheet this is ultimately holding it back in my opinion.

I like the idea. I also support the opinion that some more eye candy would be nice. I would also like to have my own "trophy screen" where the trophies I've won will show up (like a graphical representation of the actual trophy) and maybe underneath an engraved platter with the years I've won it. Just another silly, non important graphical improvement, but as pointed out by the OP it might take the "spreadsheet" feel out of the game.

I'm not sure about already established clubs but It would definately add to long term games, if you were to bring a smaller club up and you saw the stadium growing it would be really cool.

I agree with that, as a manager of a small club who has gone through two stadium moves then it would be perfect for me. For someone else though, a fictitious image of Old Trafford would not be that appealing.

I like the idea. I also support the opinion that some more eye candy would be nice. I would also like to have my own "trophy screen" where the trophies I've won will show up (like a graphical representation of the actual trophy) and maybe underneath an engraved platter with the years I've won it. Just another silly, non important graphical improvement, but as pointed out by the OP it might take the "spreadsheet" feel out of the game.

I like that idea as well.

Licensed competitions could have a proper trophy picture, unlicensed ones a generic picture. Obviously it would need to be skinnable so people could 'add their own trophies'.

this is the most stupid idea i have ever heard, if you want this sort of rubbish go play fifa manager

Thanks for your thoughtful input :rolleyes:

It's not rubbish it's about immersion.

Tell me, did you say the same thing when they added player pictures? Or club logo's?

It will be always viewable when you go to the 'facilities' screen to see your capacity, facilities etc.

Just actually shows what we're talking about and will obviously change as the stadium grows.

I love this idea. Being a small club manager (West Brom) and taking them to the top of the Prem. with 2 stadium expansions completed, it would be nice to see the evolution of the stadium which, for me, is an indicator of how far my "small" club as come. This would bring a personal dimension to each club along with creating some new incentive for striving for a new stadium.

I'm all for graphical improvements, so personally wouldn't mind this. I remember Stan Petrov once mocked up some incredible screens for FM which presented information in a much more graphical format. I was a fan. :thup:

As for the idea, like Dafuge, I like the idea of seeing your stadium grow over time.

Have you got a link to see stans work?

Archived