My first ever stadium

Probably of no interest to anyone, but after many versions of FM and years of asking the board and being told the council would never agree it, the Newcastle board have announced plans to build a new 77060 seater stadium.

Named after me, their greatest manager.

A snip at £289 million!

I am managing the Newcastle and encountered the same problem that the council would never approve the expansion. May I know which year the board announced the plan? I can't wait to get a new stadium.

Congrats on the stadium!

One of the two things I've wanted for years in FM is a stadium named after me and a son. I've so far had neither, despite having a few new stadiums built they've always been named after former players :(

So congrats to you.

I've had 3 stadia named after me now, with FM07, 09 and 10 :cool:

No sign of a son though :(

I am managing the Newcastle and encountered the same problem that the council would never approve the expansion. May I know which year the board announced the plan? I can't wait to get a new stadium.

Congrats on the stadium!

End of the 2016/17 season. The stadium had been max capacity since the second season.

I had won the premiership 4 times in a row.

I 'think' it is purely a finance thing. I did not ask for the new stadium, it just popped up in my message box in the closed season, shortly after we recieved all the prize money. Even then we now have a hefty loan hanging around our head. Kind of annoying as I have £190 million left in my transfer kitty after selling lots of class players this season, they could of ha that if they wanted.

I 'think' it is purely a finance thing. I did not ask for the new stadium, it just popped up in my message box in the closed season, shortly after we recieved all the prize money. Even then we now have a hefty loan hanging around our head. Kind of annoying as I have £190 million left in my transfer kitty after selling lots of class players this season, they could of ha that if they wanted.

I think it is a combination of things, including finances, attendances and the time since the last stadium was built.

Did they take out a loan yet leave money in your balance? Seems a bit of a weird thing to do, mine cleared by balance and took out an £81m loan.

Boo, I thought I had saved the message and typically my rolling saves are ever before the announcement or after the 75 saved messages.

You are also correct about the balance, the previous month showed a loss of 111million, so I guess they cleared everything out.

Loan was £76 Million, which is £525K per month as I have a repayment reminder message.

What actually happens to unspent transfer funds? I assume they get put back into the 'pot' at the end of season and then the next years transfer funds are worked out from this total.

What actually happens to unspent transfer funds? I assume they get put back into the 'pot' at the end of season and then the next years transfer funds are worked out from this total.

Nothing happens to them. It is a transfer budget, not a balance. This is just the amount of money that the board will let you spend from the main balance, it is not a different pot of money.

With your situation the board would have quite happily let you plunge the club £136m in debt :D

Nothing happens to them. It is a transfer budget, not a balance. This is just the amount of money that the board will let you spend from the main balance, it is not a different pot of money.

With your situation the board would have quite happily let you plunge the club £136m in debt :D

Good job I am building an all English squad and selling all my talented foreigners.

SO, let me get this correct:

At the start of season, they set my budget at £110 million, BUT I have sold players to generate an extra £75 Million. This extra money was added to my transfer kitty but the money actually went into my bank balance and the board have spent it on a stadium?

End of the 2016/17 season. The stadium had been max capacity since the second season.

I had won the premiership 4 times in a row.

Cheers mate. I am getting close. I won the premiership 3 times in a row, the 4th one is in progress. I got £150M left in my bank account. I will sell more players and see if I can get my wish!

Good job I am building an all English squad and selling all my talented foreigners.

SO, let me get this correct:

At the start of season, they set my budget at £110 million, BUT I have sold players to generate an extra £75 Million. This extra money was added to my transfer kitty but the money actually went into my bank balance and the board have spent it on a stadium?

Pretty much, yes. The £75m would have been added to the balance and the transfer budget (assuming they are giving you 100% of transfer funds).

What they should have done was to give you a new transfer budget, but this won't happen until the start of the new season.

Cheers mate. I am getting close. I won the premiership 3 times in a row, the 4th one is in progress. I got £150M left in my bank account. I will sell more players and see if I can get my wish!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. The graph is very hard to see, but my Finances are £100 million in June 2016 they leap up to touch the £200 million mark in July 2016, they then slowly decrease to £130 million by April 2017, then plummet to almost 0 in May 2017 when the stadium was announced.

So I think having a healthy balance all season is important, the leap of £100 million over July seems to be when I sold Zapata for £21 Million and Neymar for £48 Million and various other players giving me a total of £95 million over the whole month of July.

This also means Dafuge is correct, that you should always keep an eye on your bank balance when spending transfer kitty, as they may of given you money to spend that they no longer have.

All the years I have played this game I never realised that.

Part of me is tempted to spend the budget to plunge me into debt as a challenge.

This also means Dafuge is correct, that you should always keep an eye on your bank balance when spending transfer kitty, as they may of given you money to spend that they no longer have.

Unless you are Harry Redknapp, then spend away ;)

Wow, how many seasons have you completed?

sorry i meant FM09 and i think it was to 2050s

Emirates was replaced around 2025 with a 90000 seat stadium and in the one season i played it was replaced with a 120000 stadium

sorry i meant FM09 and i think it was to 2050s

Emirates was replaced around 2025 with a 90000 seat stadium and in the one season i played it was replaced with a 120000 stadium

Ah, shame really. I was hoping there might be someone in a position to get a third new stadium on FM10. I'm currently wondering what my chances are and how long it might take.

I won't get a new stadium for ages because I'm with Arsenal. They can't even expand it because of the lack of space. Now every club is catching up. Man City have even overtaken me.

On FM09 and FM08 i got new stadium with arsenal i have not played that much FM10 the last few month, but i think its a chance arsenal will get a new stadium in Fm around 2025-2030

Archived