FM 10 Iphone Question

• SI Staff
Can you be offered new jobs on this game? and also if i start to manage in england can i ever move to spain or other countrys in that game? Thanks

You can be offered new jobs in the game yes.

In this initial iteration of the game there is only one 'active country' at a time - that is if you select England as your active country you will only get to manage within that league (or as an International manager).

So does that mean players overseas don't actually play games in their domestic leagues and build up experience, value etc? If I was Arsenal manager then how could I go on to manage Ajax for example?

You can be offered new jobs in the game yes.

In this initial iteration of the game there is only one 'active country' at a time - that is if you select England as your active country you will only get to manage within that league (or as an International manager).

Will this be changed in an update or are you waiting for FM2011 for example?

• SI Staff
Will this be changed in an update or are you waiting for FM2011 for example?

Very unlikely to happen until a future version as its a huge change and will require a fair bit of time to ensure its implemented safely and then some serious QA to ensure stability.

• SI Staff
So does that mean players overseas don't actually play games in their domestic leagues and build up experience, value etc? If I was Arsenal manager then how could I go on to manage Ajax for example?

Players abroad will still play games, train evolve and be involved in both international and european competition as you'd expect BUT you can't leave to manage in an inactive countries leagues (you can however take International management jobs for an additional challenge).

Thanks for your quick response. I don't think it is a big deal as I tend to mainly stay in England anyway. This is how it was on the PSP.

I must say that seeing this on the App Store was a big surprise. I wasn't expecting an Ipod release of this but FANTASTIC!!! I bought last night and it is great. Pretty much similar to the PSP version (a few small missing bits). The controls were initially a little fiddly but getting there.

One big advantage of course with the IPOD is that you can update rather than leave until a future edition. Do you foresee much that will need updating as we go forward?

Also, will this be the normal release period for FM on the IPOD? or will you release the next one to coincide with the PSP/PC versions?

• SI Staff
One big advantage of course with the IPOD is that you can update rather than leave until a future edition. Do you foresee much that will need updating as we go forward?

I don't think it'll 'need' updating that much and I'm confident its playable and enjoyable as it stands today - BUT I will actively support the game to the best of my ability releasing updates when its sensible to do so.

I don't think it'll 'need' updating that much and I'm confident its playable and enjoyable as it stands today - BUT I will actively support the game to the best of my ability releasing updates when its sensible to do so.

Dont get me wrong, it is totally playable and very enjoyable IMO.

Archived