Regens...

Im Liverpool in 2015 and have Top Training Facilities and a state of the art youth facilities + youth academy yet I have never had any good regens, all the ones that come through have rubbish stats.

Is there anyway of getting good quality regens through your youth system?

Thanks

In my current game, in terms of top quality potential, only a couple of Dutch goalies and a Brazilian striker were generated at the end of the first season. Only 2 Englishmen were generated with 170+ potential, and both have inherent flaws that mean they're a liability. So you can see how slim the chances are in the first place. It's hard enough for the World, but you're narrowing it down to a single team in a whole country!

I always loan them out for few years to my feeder clubs then play them in cups games etc, 1 or 2 have become wonderkids but i've bought them from other teams.

All the ones that were let go had stats from 4-8 and were so crap, weren't worth keeping and haven't even been signed by other teams

i'm in 2014 with liverpool and i had one good player come through, i gave him some game time (he even got goal of the season in the CL) but for some reason my coaches are now saying his PA is 2 stars when before it was 3.

If your squad is better now then his potential will be worse by comparison.

On my last save with Man Utd i got an amazing homegrown right back called John Knight. Played him from the first year he came into my under 18's in cup matches and european group games and also in fairly easy league games. By the time he was 19 he was Englands number one right back and he went on to be worth at his peak £30m.

i'm in 2014 with liverpool and i had one good player come through, i gave him some game time (he even got goal of the season in the CL) but for some reason my coaches are now saying his PA is 2 stars when before it was 3.

Has he recently turned 17?

The star ratings for PA often change based on age, so often as a player ages the coaches will drop their expectations. On the flip side though, the stars often seem to go back up again in their late twenties as the hit their peak.

It can be a bit frustrating, every year I think I've got a new superstar but they don't always turn out like that. Still though, I am getting loads of good players through my youth system.

Im Liverpool in 2015 and have Top Training Facilities and a state of the art youth facilities + youth academy yet I have never had any good regens, all the ones that come through have rubbish stats.

Thanks

I've got exactly the same problem everything is top quality from coaches to facilities and im in 2015 but i've had no premiershit quality regens yet. Every season i look on genie scout for their PA and the highest one i've had is 143 :(

But i suppose it is luck and we gotta be patient :D

Thanks

it really is just random

i got a world class regen whilst managing some random belgian team with no academy

It's random, influenced by certain other factors of course.

Just having a youth academy doesn't guarantee top-class newgens, though it increases the likelihood. The reverse is also true of course, not having an academy may also bring a quality newgen through the ranks.

I'm Atalanta, and at the end of the first season, I got someone through who the coaches said could be the 'best of his generation'. Thats with top youth facilities though, and good youth coaches. In FM09 it took me 3 seasons at Palermo to get 2 really good youth talents through.

Has he recently turned 17?

The star ratings for PA often change based on age, so often as a player ages the coaches will drop their expectations. On the flip side though, the stars often seem to go back up again in their late twenties as the hit their peak.

It can be a bit frustrating, every year I think I've got a new superstar but they don't always turn out like that. Still though, I am getting loads of good players through my youth system.

That sounds about right he had recently turned 18 when i noticed the drop in PA rating.

Well I don't see the big deal here.

You're all complaining there's not enough World Class talent coming through, but lots of 140-160PA.

In older FMs this would be pretty bad... but FM10 140 is Premierleague... I think SWPs is 147?

I have just returned from 3/4 years out of FM.

I think you're expecting too much!! Most of the players you're getting rid will be good squad players at the least. 170+ isn't going to regularly occur at any club.

Plus we can't poach even younger players. Real life that does happen. Maybe that's incorporated though, as part of the 'standard' of facilities.

I'm Villa and my Youth Facilities are about 18 out of 20 and over the past two years I've been getting quality regens from them. I've had one with a PA of about 178 and I've just recieved my new regens and I've got one who can play at a similar level to Nathan Delfouneso. It may seem odd but since I've had my scouting knowledge of the world significantly increase I've noticed I'm getting better regens from the academy.

Uhh....

yes i think that even lookin at PA as nubers by using scout utility or smthng like it, is also means cheating.. however restarting a lossed macth or restarting before the creation of regens is which i call "deceiving yourself" !! My point Of view would never appriciate those kind of things..

Archived