iPhone version won't let me manage Dunfermline

I try to start a new game and go through the process of selecting league, nationality, club etc. I also get the splash screen confirming my name and club choice. However, when I start the game, I'm unemployed. Every other club I've tried seems to work fine. Hopefully a fix will be released soon!

• SI Staff
I try to start a new game and go through the process of selecting league, nationality, club etc. I also get the splash screen confirming my name and club choice. However, when I start the game, I'm unemployed. Every other club I've tried seems to work fine. Hopefully a fix will be released soon!

That sounds very beculiar - I'll take a look at it tonight as a matter of priority after I get back from having tea.

That sounds very beculiar - I'll take a look at it tonight as a matter of priority after I get back from having tea.

Thanks for the prompt response. I tried it several times and couldn't get it to work. I tried Dundee and Livingston and they both worked fine.

• SI Staff
Im sure someone had this on PSP , I think it might be to do with them having a Player/Manager in Jim Mcintyre , I have problems with him retiring , getting sacked , new jobs etc on the PSP version .

Thanks for the pointer, that'll be the first thing I check in a moment then :D

You can try that! Here is the code to remove him as a Dunfermline player

"PLAYER""Jim" "McIntyre" "Dunfermline Athletic" "" "" "" "" "" "" "free"

and how exactly are you meant to use that in the iPhone version:rolleyes:

• SI Staff
Erm, not being able to manage Dungfermline is no real loss IMO :D

It is if you're fan of the team I'm sure.

I can confirm that this problem is rectified in the forthcoming update 1 for the product and apologise for any inconvenience this might have caused.

It is if you're fan of the team I'm sure.

I can confirm that this problem is rectified in the forthcoming update 1 for the product and apologise for any inconvenience this might have caused.

when the update comes out will we have to start a new game like on the pc

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff
Will this update be available with the US version as I am having the same problem with Dunfermline?

Yes it will be available in the US shortly - its in submission with apple for the US store and I expect it to 'clear' in the next few days (apple automatically publish updates once they clear their internal QA, as the US build is identical to the 'rest of world' one I don't anticipate any issues and its simply a matter of waiting for things to be double checked).

Archived