Injuries on the iphone

Anyone else finding it tough going for injuries? 3 games in 12 players injured while 3 just coming back from being out. Kind of makes it a bit ridiculous for a handheld game just constantly chasing fit players.

Three games in and I haven't had a single injury. I guess you've already checked you're not training them too hard?

Left on general.

Started as Liverpool as i thought i'd have a nice easy game in and see whats what. lol. Unless they are very injury prone.

• SI Staff

If you find you're starting to have an injury crisis then I'd advise you to try and mitigate it by dropping training levels a little even if they're not particularly 'high' - this will ensure you lower the chance of any training injuries cropping up while your team is already weakened.

(but I'm afraid injury crisis's DO happen and its not a bug)

If you find you're starting to have an injury crisis then I'd advise you to try and mitigate it by dropping training levels a little even if they're not particularly 'high' - this will ensure you lower the chance of any training injuries cropping up while your team is already weakened.

(but I'm afraid injury crisis's DO happen and its not a bug)

The training was on general, i've only started to mess about with it in my second game.

Totally fine on a new game, literally one of my first news reports was Yossi Benayoun picking up a cruciate injury putting him out for 13 months, while i never got to play Gerrard and Torres in the same team.

Not surprising though since Everton are top of the premier in my new game (unbeaten) in Feb, possibly a little biased from the Everton developers?

PS: Wenger got sacked for having Arsenal bottom of the league after 10 games in. Ouch.

PPS: TBH the stats on the game are totally messed up, shola ameobi has finishing of 20 man, fair enough he's knocked a few in this season but generally he's a donkey. Also Tim Krul is better than Harper and Vuckic has more impact on games with his high dribbling and passing than he really does.

• SI Staff
Not surprising though since Everton are top of the premier in my new game (unbeaten) in Feb, possibly a little biased from the Everton developers?

Heh - Ov and Dobs didn't work on this version I'm afraid so they're not to blame (if I introduced any bias then check for Brighton doing too well and Zamora being called up for England ;) ) ...

More seriously its entirely possible for a team like Everton to top the league for a while but I'd be amazed if they manage to stay in that position come the end of the season - CL qualifacation maybe, but win the league .... nah, its 'possible' just as in real-life ... but their squad depth means its unlikely they'll be able to sustain things over the entire season.

PPS: TBH the stats on the game are totally messed up, shola ameobi has finishing of 20 man, fair enough he's knocked a few in this season but generally he's a donkey. Also Tim Krul is better than Harper and Vuckic has more impact on games with his high dribbling and passing than he really does.

The database is exported from the FM PC title, however do bear in mind that (1) it doesn't include hidden mental stats (Ameobi imho isn't a bad finisher - its just that he has poor composure and can't take pressure .. not that I do the research you understand, heck they won't even let me near the Brighton players for some reason - me biased, surely not ;) ), (2) many of the stats are amalgamated because of space considerations (ie. Pace = Pace + Acceleration).

• SI Staff
i got a news item 5 days in that Messi was out injured for 13 months with a ligament thingme.

i'm brighton, so i proceded to lol

Good choice of team that man :D

(now get a sugar daddy so we can lure Zamora back to the team please ;) )

Good choice of team that man :D

(now get a sugar daddy so we can lure Zamora back to the team please ;) )

:thup: haha i hadnt thought of that. did they let you near his stats at all? i havent checked him yet

and cant you just slip in a little code to make brighton amazing like they really are anyway? :p

Heh - Ov and Dobs didn't work on this version I'm afraid so they're not to blame (if I introduced any bias then check for Brighton doing too well and Zamora being called up for England ;) ) ...

More seriously its entirely possible for a team like Everton to top the league for a while but I'd be amazed if they manage to stay in that position come the end of the season - CL qualifacation maybe, but win the league .... nah, its 'possible' just as in real-life ... but their squad depth means its unlikely they'll be able to sustain things over the entire season.

The database is exported from the FM PC title, however do bear in mind that (1) it doesn't include hidden mental stats (Ameobi imho isn't a bad finisher - its just that he has poor composure and can't take pressure .. not that I do the research you understand, heck they won't even let me near the Brighton players for some reason - me biased, surely not ;) ), (2) many of the stats are amalgamated because of space considerations (ie. Pace = Pace + Acceleration).

Everton fell away, i even beat them in the LC final in my first season with Newcastle. :)

I understand about the hidden stats, though i still feel some of the displayed ones are way out. Also in my second season as newcastle in the prem (4th in Dec) Ameobi's shooting has dropped to 17, same training etc...is this common place, such a stat drop, he's not been playing as much but around 50% of his games.

Had a 9 hour session on it yesterday, good job its me lasses bday today or my eyes would be in real trouble from another session like that.

Overall think the port is excellent, one or two tweaks and its perfection. Well worth the £7 if anyone is thinking of buying it but not wanting to pay that much for a game.

PS: I would really like and really hope you do a data update for the new season due to the late release of the game, that was my only concern when buying it, to have an out of date game only weeks after buying it.

Archived