Real Madrid Spoiling My Fun....

Ok so here i am again after a looooooong exile from these forums, Ive started a game on the new patch with barcelona (yes i know barcelona, well i have been having a little trouble with this version of fm :p ) so its going pretty well amd would be even better if it wasnt for the sheer quality of the mighty madrid, ive conceided tha least amount of goals in the league so far (up to feb) real madrid just like showing off though, they have scored most goals in the league, the only team to have beaten me in the league (we just couldnt cope :( ) they are 10 points clear although i have a game in hand i dont think it is going to help me.

Not only are they taking my hopes of winning my first league on fm10 they have destroyed my european dreams too :( i was drawn against them in the second knockout round of tha champs league, pretty top draw for the neutral spectator as man utd where also drawn againt chelsea. anyway threy beat me 3-1 at their ground but only managed a 2-1 win at home so out i went.

they say they come in three's , unluckily for me i have them in the spanish cup final in may :(

ahh well im still enjoying this save more than any other on this version of fm, gives me something to work on :D

oh yes i forgot to mention, i am not using any downloaded tactics, maybe this is the reason im enjoyin it so much this time, as wen i download a tactic i get bored as i feel like i haven't really put any effort it reaping the rewards, yet once u have a tactic u have created and it does well u feel like you have actually achieved something, can work the other way around too, like when i create a tactic that just does not work no matter how i try, just gets annoying and i become bored.....

ive also took the post of algeria manager to see how my tactic works elsewhere, the post became available so i applied, played one friendly and won 2-1 ;)_ against peru, moved me up 1 spot on the fifa world rankings..

oh yes i forgot to mention, i am not using any downloaded tactics, maybe this is the reason im enjoyin it so much this time, as wen i download a tactic i get bored as i feel like i haven't really put any effort it reaping the rewards, yet once u have a tactic u have created and it does well u feel like you have actually achieved something, can work the other way around too, like when i create a tactic that just does not work no matter how i try, just gets annoying and i become bored.....

ive also took the post of algeria manager to see how my tactic works elsewhere, the post became available so i applied, played one friendly and won 2-1 ;)_ against peru, moved me up 1 spot on the fifa world rankings..

Seriously it really is your tactics. I'm having a quick blast with Barca and it's simply too easy. I'm winning games by 5+6 goals. Already beaten Real 5-1 in the league. Have a read in the tactics forums. There are lots of tips without having to download a tactic.

Seriously it really is your tactics. I'm having a quick blast with Barca and it's simply too easy. I'm winning games by 5+6 goals. Already beaten Real 5-1 in the league. Have a read in the tactics forums. There are lots of tips without having to download a tactic.

What tactic did you use for Barca mate?

im not doing too badly tbh, only lost once in the league, but whenever i come up against real madrid i cant win, their just phenominal with their atacking players, i have no pproblem scoring, i beat malaga 8-0 and various others with high scoring games but real madrid are my bogey team, messi is just a BEAST! and henry is like my solskjear (sp) everytime i bring him off the bench he scores :D my leading scorer atm/

tbh it cant be my defense that is the problem as i have the best conceided record in the league by far, and my attack is also good so i dont knw what it is real do to open me up so well :(

true tht could be it, not actually looked at wat times i conceided against them, will check wen i get back on it later :D but that could explain it as i do have to change players often near the end of games due to fitness levels in the 60's :/

Man if that is the case... well, how could you, and against Madrid, shame on you. Then again, that has made me smile. Anyway agree with the above about tatics. I would use contain to make them falter. Guess they go on overload for a time?

ahh we might be onto something here :) i do notice they overload my final third and with the attacking players they have they tear me apart lol im glad you mentioned this starting strategy to me as i normally leave it set as standard, well once may rolls around i'll give it a try and see if that helps, if it does you know i wil be devastated i didn't ask for help sooner...like before i got knocked out of the champs league :( lol

thanks mate, much appreciated!

Archived