What Percentage Of All Fm Users Get The Patch?

Would you have patched Football Manager if you didn't know about the SI Forums? I know I wouldn't have. I discovered the forums in 2009 and that is when I found out about the patches.

So I wonder what percentage of users around the world know about SI Forums and how many of them know about the patch. I have a feeling that the majority of users are playing their versions unpatched and full of bugs.

I know that in recent times you can install FM via steam which automatically patches the game but people who do it the manual way more thank likely don't get the patch do they?

Nope, I never knew about patches until Ijoined up either. so any game before 2007 was never patched.

Same here (different year obviously). I've never been much of a PC gamer so patching a game was something completely alien to me until I saw them here.

I would say the vast majority of people dont play with the patches - becasue they dont know about them. I only found about the patches via the SI website for FM 2007 when I searched football manager quite randomly. And so I discovered the patches! I can remember playing FM2005 and all the best players in the world did not sign new contracts and so I could just get them all on free transfers at the end of the season and I just thought nothing of it - and when I was the Spain manager I would get like 10 injuries every International match! And there were many things that I just thought were normal when In fact they were bugs.

Based on no facts and pure assumption I would say at least 75% of people dont get pacthed up becasue they don't know about them - but having said that with the introduction of Steam and with the check for updates like KUBI said then in recent years the amount of people playing with patches will have increased ten fold. SO actually 75% is probably way off - becasue of the installation/activation that was introduced a few years back and steam - which is a big step in the right direction to increase the level of patch users.

this a general issues for casual users using any software on any platform, so FM can not be blamed for it. SI designed to game UI to make patching as easy as possible but if someone does not pay any attention then let them play out of box version.

We all know that FM always had and will have bugs BUT considering the amount of features the game has the bugs are not really game breaking for the majority and I don't think casual FM buyers will miss patches so much. Probably they would miss transfer updates more than the actual fixes which they may never recognize.

It took a very very long time before i discovered patches. Think it was with CM01/02 i realised they were there. After that i discovered that all the other games i had could probably be patched as well. A massive task started :D

I never use the check update button in FM. Too many times have i been told there's a new update just to find out that there are none. I already have the latest update installed.

Don't know if this is the case on this version though, as i've never checked.

Archived