An improvement? Plus a little bug.

Hello,

Love the new FM, thanks for releasing on iPhone, its still indepth without being silly.

The only niggle I have is the drag and drop when selecting your team, its incredibly fiddly. Any chance the names/position can be made bigger so dragging and dropping works abit better. Or even better, to de select someone out ML for example, double tap on 'ML' and then to select choose someone else for the position of 'ML' double tap the blank box next to their names.

Also when selling Santa Cruz to Liverpool, the next day Arsenal came in for abid for him (to Liverpool) and this unsettled him. Hmmm, one day after his move.

The game also crashed on me once when trying to drag and drop people into relevant positions.

Thats it for now, Thanks SI!!

Have to agree here, the drag and drop for swapping players around during a match is pretty terrible. It seems to be complete luck if you manage to actually click the player to drag them and even then when you're moving down and page scrolls up

Being able to click on the left and change position like you can do before the match would be so much better

• SI Staff

Most areas of the game utilise multiple methods for selection so if you don't 'get on with' drag and drop you don't have to use it.

In testing I found people with little hands loved drag and drop and people with bigger ones (like me) didn't get on with it because its less accurate with larger fingers, simple as that.

There are a couple of alternative methods for selecting your team pre-match too...

If you press the button to the left of the player name you'll be taken to a selection screen listing all the positions in your formation... simply tap the position to allocate the player there.

Alternatively on your squad screen select [View/Sort] then select 'Pitch Visible' and [Confirm]. You can then drag players onto the positions displayed on the pitch if you so wish.

The button press method is good although if you select a substitute and try to move them into the starting lineup using that method, the player they are replacing does not swap with them and take their place on the subs bench as I would expect. Maybe this could be a good improvement?

I really cant see how people are having problems with this....even with my chubby fingers every way possible of changing players is simple.

but like others have said the swapping a player after substitute has been done is a pain.

thats the best way i find things work stu........surprising how quick the whole first 11 can be changed that way.

Archived