FM11 Suggestion: Scouting

Would it be possible to apply certain search attributes when scouting a region, country, etc.? For Example, you can tell the scout find me a defender between this age, with certain attributes, etc. That way the search would be done faster, and you wouldn't have too many 'false finds' based on positions you don't need.

You should be also able to scout an entire shortlist. What I usually do after every season is scout U18 players that I think could be future stars based on current attributes, price, etc. But it's a long process, individually selecting the players. I'd rather just add them all into a shortlist, and assign a scout to it to scout them all. <- I think this is probably the easiest to fix and probably the most helpful one.

And Finally, the "create search filter from" when selecting a player, would be a great scouting tool if you have a player that's getting older, or is about to leave the team. If I am playing with Bayern, for example, and I know Ribery is about to leave, I think it would be helpful to tell your scout to find players that might match or surpass his current playing ability, or "peak" ability. It's already doing that when you scout individual players, like it tells you "this player would isn't far from having the required potential to be better than XXXX" but I think it would be very helpful just to display the players that would match the selected player.

Anyway that's really it. Let me know what you guys think.

Would it be possible to apply certain search attributes when scouting a region, country, etc.? For Example, you can tell the scout find me a defender between this age, with certain attributes, etc. That way the search would be done faster, and you wouldn't have too many 'false finds' based on positions you don't need.

Er....you can do that.

could you not say to a scout "Find me a player who can play the same / a similar role to Ribery" though, so that you don't have to change your tactics when you lose the player, especially with players that aren't as important to the team as Ribery...

well, you can't quite

but if you wanted to find a player so say, be like ribery what i would do is this:

Find what you like best about ribery (in my case i admire his technique, dribbling, first touch, pace etc...)

and then set that as the scouting filter

well, you can't quite

but if you wanted to find a player so say, be like ribery what i would do is this:

Find what you like best about ribery (in my case i admire his technique, dribbling, first touch, pace etc...)

and then set that as the scouting filter

can't you create a search filter based on a players stats? Then it would be as simple as applying that filter to one of your scouts searches.

that is exactly what i mean, just use this filter in your scout search

no but instead of making one yourself i think theres a button like create search filter from... and you select a player and it automatically makes a filter based on there stats.

no but instead of making one yourself i think theres a button like create search filter from... and you select a player and it automatically makes a filter based on there stats.

It used to be under Misc.

But I think now it's something like this.

Go to the player profile.

Top right there's the interaction button.

One of the options under that is "create player search filter" or something similar.

Shazam!

It used to be under Misc.

But I think now it's something like this.

Go to the player profile.

Top right there's the interaction button.

One of the options under that is "create player search filter" or something similar.

Shazam!

well yes, but that will filter based on current attributes. I meant the scout already tells you, this player can be ribery, etc so I'd like to be able to search future prospects based on that. Of course this is hit and miss, but still easier than going through every single scouting report and comparing notes...

Archived