How do I nurture youth?

I have 3 16-18 yr olds with a PA of 190 - 200

Their CA is currently about 78!

Have I got to give individual training to get the most out of them?

Download Tug's training mate. Youth and senior contracts preferably. They are on these forums somewhere.

Get your senior players to tutor them aswell. If you want these youngsters to reach their potential, you must try and get their determination as high as possible, and getting them tutored by a senior player really helps. I always try to find someone in a similar position with a higher determination than the youngster. Hope that helps!

Download Tug's training mate. Youth and senior contracts preferably. They are on these forums somewhere.

Get your senior players to tutor them aswell. If you want these youngsters to reach their potential, you must try and get their determination as high as possible, and getting them tutored by a senior player really helps. I always try to find someone in a similar position with a higher determination than the youngster. Hope that helps!

How do i choose a specific player to tutor one of my young 16-year-old players? I have a DM/MC with determination 18 and my young player player plays the same position, but when i interact with the young player his 'Linked Players' only include three others in my squad and not the person i want to tutor him.

Also, with tutoring players, what's the difference between the three options? "X is ideal role model for Y", "X would benefit from adopting Y's approach to the game" and "X can learn from Y". Do these have different effects?

How do i choose a specific player to tutor one of my young 16-year-old players? I have a DM/MC with determination 18 and my young player player plays the same position, but when i interact with the young player his 'Linked Players' only include three others in my squad and not the person i want to tutor him.

That's just unfortunate to be honest. If you senior player you want to tutor him isn't available, that's just bad luck. Are you sure the player you want isn't tutoring someone else?

Also, with tutoring players, what's the difference between the three options? "X is ideal role model for Y", "X would benefit from adopting Y's approach to the game" and "X can learn from Y". Do these have different effects?

Hmm, good question. I am not sure to be honest, I might start up a thread about it to be honest.

Maybe you already have the senior player tutoring someone else or just finished tutoring. It also could be because the players hate each other. Also if his determination is the only high mental stat I'd look at someone else, for preference I like a player high in all stats.

The three options are basically a length of time thing, going in the order you put them from longest to shortest. I usually start with the middle one for a new player, and move on to the longer one after that, or if the two players are already favoured personnel.

iirc the two players must have one 'natural' in common. As said above they shouldn't hate each other and the tutor shouldn't tutor another player or have recently tutored a player. The same applies to the learner.

Thanks for the responses.

I'm on a new go so i've done no tutoring yet. I'm only in August, the older player is new to the club and the younger player is 16, so i highly doubt there's any dislike between the two. I thought maybe the two players have to share one natural position, but then of the players that can tutor him one is a natural DM, accomplished DC and accomplished MC (like my other player except for the DC part), the second is a natural AMC, accomplished MC and accomplished ST, while the third is a natural DC and accomplished MC. My 16yo is a natural MC and accomplished DM. There are plenty of other players which should be able to tutor him as well. I have a fair few players that can play MC.

Now that Brian mentions other stats, the player i had in mind has average/poor bravery and aggression. Which stats are actually influenced by a player being tutored? And is tutoring only worthwhile to get these stats up or is there anything else beneficial from doing it?

I hope this helps :thup:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=190426

Thanks.

There wasn't a lot from that, but it did lead me to do a search for other threads and i found this one:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=201355&highlight=tutor

From this i've found out why some of my players can't be tutored by the player i want. It's because of the squad status. A couple of my 16yo's have been set as Key Players for some reason while the older two were only rated as First Team and Rotation.

Archived